Honeycomb Alpha Elevator Controls Crash Simulator

I have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, with the standard buttons mapped to the elevator controls (lift side, 2 buttons mapped for both up and down movement of the elevator). The simulator keeps crashing whenever I try to fly the 172 G1000 and adjust the elevator with these buttons.

Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix/workaround to keep the simulator from crashing?

The connection through the little lan cable between my yoke and the base of the yoke is worn and my yoke buttons don’t always work. Sometimes, however, the connection is good enough to for me to be able to adjust my trim for a second or two. The problem is, if the connection drops while I’m doing so, it will continuing to adjust my trim until I’m maxxed out. The only thing I can do is use the trim wheel on my throttle.

If you connection is poor/broken like mine, this could explain your issue.

Something sounds odd about mapping buttons on the Alpha yoke to control the elevator – that’s what the yoke is for on an axis – not buttons. I assume you are talking about the split switches which control elevator TRIM and rudder TRIM. Try setting the control profile for the Alpha to “default” and see what results you get.