Honeycomb Alpha (XPS) Yoke WITH Logitech Switch Panel

Considering getting an Honeycomb Alpha XPS yoke from Santa to replace my basic Logitech Flight yoke. I realise I’ll need a separate USB Throttle Quadrant (cheap enough) but wondering how this Alpha works along-side the Logitech Switch Panel?

Most of the switches are duplicates (avionics, battery, lights, magneto) but I like the feel of the Logitech AND importantly, the Landing Gear with the lights is really good, which the Honeycomb doesn’t have.

Also the Cowl switch and a few others that I don’t think are on the Honeycomb which work great for some off the planes I use, so I would like to keep it even if it means not using the Honeycombs built-in buttons.

Can they work together or do they fight each other and try to toggle the switches to the last touched device’s state? Is there any point in keeping the Logitech switch JUST for the landing gear lever and the few others? Or is there another option I am not thinking of?

Does the Honeycomb have software for re-assigning those buttons? I think the Logitech is set in stone without using external software which I prefer not to need to load into RAM to be honest.

Thanks for any advice! :slight_smile:

They should but you will have to go into the profile to unmap/map the appropriate controls. They will work if if double mapped but the state of a switch won’t stay in sync. I really like my Alpha Yoke and later got the Throttle Bravo as well.

2 Likes

I’ve been considering the same thing and have been thinking about how to remap the controls on the Alpha. For example, the starter (key) I was thinking about remapping to be fuel selector since it has left/right/both/off. Each of the light switches can be remapped to other buttons that the logitech doesn’t have as well.