Honeycomb Bravo configuration

Just got my Bravo and … the default configuration is pretty terrible. Sounds like most people agree and are remapping it, but no one’s posted specifically what mappings they’ve done.

I know I need to build different profiles for GA, GA+prop, twin GA, twinjet, and quad jet… but curious if anyone’s done this and can share their profiles and settings? I’m pairing it with Honeycomb Alpha so also want to figure out what to map to the switches (seems default its a bunch of lights which already are mapped on the Alpha, so redundant…)

2 Likes

Spent some time today remapping mine, just for simple GA in the Cessna 172 with G1000.
“Terrible” is being kind. In the default profile, provided by Asobo, the Throttles were mapped to wrong engines, 2-1 instead of 1-2 (figured I’d leave a twin config even though I mostly fly single engine).
Prop Pitch and Mixture were mapped backwards (blue to red, and red to blue).
They were also mapped 2-1 instead of 1-2.
The Vertical Speed button on the AP was mapped to something else entirely.

This should evolve into a good thread if people post their specifics.
I’ll have to setup the other profiles as I find a need for them.
For now, just the one profile, as I’m just a rookie at this.

Jim-Sim

Yeah, and the Mixture defaults maps to the Mixture (-100% - 100%) option… why you would need negative mixture is beyond me, but maybe there’s some snake oil engine that generates fuel while windmilling. :smiley:

Ok, I’m going to start remapping mine tonight.

One complaint about the Bravo: man, I wish there was some space to apply labels to the switches up top…

Also, can’t wait to have the gear LEDs and annunciator panel functioning.

That. Especially since most of them are redundant to the Alpha Yoke.
And I wish the existing text on the labeled items was a bit bigger.
I have the Logitech Multi-Panel directly above my Bravo, and not only can I read the text on it, but the backlit AP buttons are a must. I guess I’ll still be running my AP from that and not the Bravo so much.

Jim-Sim

1 Like

Spent some time dialing a few things in tonight, and I’m quite pleased.

Key updates:
Built a basic profile for the Bravo with the flaps/gears/trim/AP buttons set. Started working on logical toggle things (the sim actually is quite lacking in “force set on/off” options, so many toggles that I wish were not toggles) - cabin lights, pitot heat, fuel pumps. Did not assign any of the 6 lever positions to this profile.

Copied that profile a few times: GA single (basically a 152 version, throttle/mix), GA single advanced (throttle/prop/mix), and GA twin (throttles/props/mixes). For each, set the levers in the right positions and specified relevant axes to map against. Set throttle and prop reverse to the respective reverse detents.

Then as I was flying, I realized a few things: with the AP controls on the Bravo, I never use the AP toggle on yoke anymore… So I turned that into a display ATC panel on/off. Then I also realized that 99% of what I do on ATC is “press 1 to acknowledge their request”, so I set Button 2 (default SmartCam button) on the Alpha to be ATC Request 1.

Then I discovered that ATC Request 1 works even if the ATC panel is not showing! This is awesome. Now, when ATC says “contact Seattle center on …” I can just dial in the freq on my Logitech panel and click button 2 to acknowledge, no need to have the ATC panel cluttering my screen most of the time.

If anyone is interested in me sharing the control mapping XML files, just let me know.

6 Likes

That would be amazing and save me so much time. I did make 3 basic profiles, one for the C172, A320, and 787. Tho it was time consuming I oddly found it kind of fun? Haha

I agree that the default mapping is terrible - that’s bad on Microsofts part not honeycomb to be fair. Got mine on Friday and spent a couple hours setting up different profiles. Does anyone know when the lights on the quadrant will actually work?

1 Like

I think the light fix is coming in the next patch on 23/12.

ok, have some input mappings ready to share but for the life of me can’t figure out where Flight Simulator is storing them on disk. :expressionless:
Anyone have a pointer and I’ll post them up?

One thing I find really annoying is remembering what selection I have no the autopilot selection knob. I’m always going straight for the increase/decrease know and changing the wrong value.

I think a dash of white paint on the raised ridge on the selection knob may be in order.

1 Like

Great thread. The default mapping is certainly ‘difficult’!. Please may I have copy of your control mapping XML files… Thank you.

I don’t know where to find the files! And I actually haven’t updated my mappings since Asobo fixed the Bravo dial so I’m not sure my mappings are the best anymore…

Yes they are terrible and Honeycomb as a support operation is a joke. The products are good quality but the help they give is non existent These products are a waste of time if they don’t bind correctly/