Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and SU5

Hey guys I’m getting issues with CTDs while on FSEconomy.

There’s a conflict going between AFCBridge and SimConnect. Get CTD while using SimConnect. 6 out 6 times.

AFCBridge:

Failed to contact Dispatch error SimConnect.

Yes all of my presets are pretty much broken or missing. I had one for Cessna 208 that disappeared and other’s buttons were changed.

I have a feeling something is wrong with AFCBridge. Mine is located in Community Folder that your supposed to delete. I’m sure a large number of CTDs are caused by this for Honeycomb users.

What is AFCBridge?

I’ve been experiencing quirkiness with the Bravo since sim update 5 as well. Most recently I was trying to set up a multi-button bind to control the com radios, but the simulator appears to go unresponsive. It’s weird because the UI still appears to work in some ways, like the UI controls change when you mouse over them, but the buttons don’t actually do anything when you click on them, so I’m just stuck on that screen and have to alt-F4 the sim. I assume that’s what other folks are reporting with the simulator freezing.

Has anyone been able to use Axis and Ohs or Fsuipc as a workaround for these problems? I’m tinkering around with AAO right now, but it’s a whole other thing to learn, redo all the controls, another software program to run at launch…

Again, when you move a control to set a binding, moving it out of that position thereafter frees up the UI. So set the binding then move the control out of that position and then validate the binding.

1 Like

Not for me. Maybe because I’m binding three controls in combination. But I tried flipping it every which way and it still just sat there unresponsive.

AFCBridge is what controls Honeycomb. It is the module that you down load from the Official Site. Look under downloads pick the FS that you are using then install it.

I am having the exact same problem you describe with the switches. Totally frustrating.

Looks like you are having same problems. I’m not getting the flashing of the binding to let me know it recognizes things on the Bravo or Honeycomb, etc. I also get long “Loading” times when simply trying to pull up “Controls” (maybe that’s an SU5 thing? My bindings got all jacked up and for example, when i try to re-setup “Landing Gear” and try to do a Gear-Up setting, it goes into a greyed out state once it scans the binding (on Bravo) then locks up until i change the position of the gear to opposite and then it re-highlights (not greyed out) and then i can delete it back out (Clear current input then validate). It’s a nightmare, not sure whats going on. Some bindings are unusable. Let me know what you are finding out and thanks!!!

when you move a control, does the binding light up to let you know its the right binding. In other words, when you are just in the “Controls” and setting up bindings and you are looking at landing gear (as an example) and you move your landing gear up and down, is it lighting up each direction by bolding the binding (like it used to before update 5)? (bindings lighting up when you move them)?

No longer works I believe. I had to check bindings by searching by “input”.

The Honeycombs Bravo and Alpha controllers don’t work like before SU5. They are completely unusable now, and the sim freeze each time you go in control options menu, the AFC_Bridge don’t load as the sim starts and if you want the lights back on Bravo throttle you need to launch the AFC exe manually.
This is what’s happen to me…very disappointed.

Paolo

I’m only having problems with lights. Taxi and landing lights don’t work like they did prior to the SU5.

1 Like

You only have to install the drivers again. Only copy AFC to the community folder is not enough.
The installer installs a needed .exe file in the exe.xml.

Yup, having the same issues here. I went back to basics and doing it manually/clicking with mouse.

1 Like

The .zip file from Aerosoft (or Honeycomb) unzips to reveal two files:

AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_V2100.exe
Readme.txt

Put NOTHING in the Community file. Just run the .exe file where you find it. It is an installer program. Run it and when it shows you (top lines of the resulting screens) where it intends to install the AFC_Bridge, make sure it is properly pointed to the location of your Community folder. If it found your community folder correctly, let it do the installation. Don’t put anything in the Community file manually.

It will do the rest.

that’s what’s happening with mine, and also you can’t click on the little down arrows, you have to click on the name of the category to drill down into granular sub-choices. Do you think these things have been reported? I’ve searched on ZenDesk to make sure I’m not doubling up what someone already filed, but there are sooooo many bugs that it literally is a mess to find like problems because there it’s so hard to describe each problem in the right, it’s like word salad, how do you sum up a problem without writing a book to describe a problem that takes paragraphs to fully detail out. They are probably sitting on literally tens of thousands of bug reports.

What down arrows are you referring to?

No, I find since SU5 the bindings no longer light up to confirm the setting in for any of the controls. I can’t use the Bravo throttle until it’s fixed… hopefully in the next update. It’s frustrating.

When you are looking at the CONTROLS category view where you can expand or compress a category section. to pull down (drill down) into a category you used to be able to click to the left of the name where the arrows point up or down. Now you have to click on the name itself to open up a category.