Honeycomb Bravo users: Full functionality after SU5?

Anytime Platoe, glad you got the download to work.
We have received a few reports about light issues after the last update.
The uninstall/reinstall process works in some cases, but not all. We are looking into the issue.

Edit:
The update might have remapped some of your controls, this could possibly be a cause of the problem as well.

The link installed the Aerosoft updater, and AFCbridge, but it wont start as it says ‘failed to initialise Simconnect to the line’, so I’m left in the same pickle.

The switches (for example Landing lights) still work, & are assigned in the menus, but will either not turn on the the light the full way, or will switch something else off. It also renders the switches unclickable with the mouse.

Okay, can I get you navigate to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxxxxx\LocalCache and open the file exe.xml
If you could take a screenshot of that file and send it either here or in a personal message, then I can look further into the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to try & help!

Seems SU5 broke the LED function, and the AFCBridge doesn’t launch automatically either. Realsimgear/FSUIPC are having the same problems (must launch them manually)

1 Like

My problem is a bit different. For example, I select the HDG bug, turn the adjusting knob, the HDG is moved, but so is the Altitude. Whichever bug I select also moves the Altitude, I removed the Working Title G1000, deleted and reinstalled the AFC Bridge. I’ve gone over the bindings to determine if by chance I’ve misidentified a function but I can’t tell. There’s VSI and VS. It was working properly before the recent update,

I have the following issues with my Bravo and FS2020 after SU5 and hotfix.

#1: After SU5 and hotfix, any attempt to reconfigure the Bravo bindings now result in an unresponsive screen ( in Option Controllers, mouse visible, choices highlighted when hovering, but nothing happen when clicking any choice, must end FS2020 in task manager). Alpha Yoke binding works fine so far.

#2: Some bindings themselves have changed: I was pretty sure that I had reassigned the Bravo 7 switches (to Anti Ice, Window De Ice etc, as suggested by rmag on YouTube) and removed the previous default bindings. After the update, the switches are now assigned to both these new functions but also what were the default. Because of the first problem (#1 above), I can’t change these bindings…

Is anyone having the same problems? Have you heard of existing or upcoming fixes?

Thank you for uploading the picture, everything seems correct with the exe.xml, so that is not the issue.
Can I get you to launch MSFS2020 and then try to manually launch AFC_bridge after?

Have you checked for any duplicate bindings since there have been reports of that after SU5.

The issue with the unclickable switches, does that happen after you clicked the switch on the Alpha or is it permanently unclickable?

Just to be safe, have you checked for any possible duplicate bindings? That has been reported to happen with SU5

Hi FredLgx,
That sounds very strange, can you submit a support ticket at flyhoneycomb.com?
We would like to investigate that issue further.

Thanks RandyRDK.

I did submit the issue as a ticket yo Honeycomb.com this morning. I’ll post the reply here when I get a answer.

Yes. The only one is the Increase/decrease (13 &14). From what I can see, that is unavoidable.

I have few issues with Alpha yoke after the update ( all worked fine in SU4) :

1. reveresed landing lights , not working taxi and nav lights ( bindings are correct , seting up new profile made no diffrence )

2. after the 2nd hotfix elevator trim stopped working both on the alpha yoke as well as the bravo throttle
    ( it worked initially in SU5 but was very sensitive )

3. when trying to modify key bindings on the yoke sim freezes ( the only work around it is, for example if you want to bind taxi lights on , switch the key to the on position , then bind it and switch it back to off postiton and save )

everything else seems to be working fine

After SU5 and hot fixes 1 and 2 Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo switches appear to operate, however when viewing the bindings in “Control” none of the switches highlight the binding when activated. The axes still highlight correctly. Although the AFC_Bridge shows “uninstalled” in Content Manager in the main the LEDs are operating correctly. Anyone else come across this?

Actually I now discover that none of the connected controllers (key board, mouse, XBOx controller nor pedals are highlighting their bindings

Yes, It has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum. I have the same condition. It seems to be a MSFS problem, not hardware. Can’t tell if the bindings are working until you get into your aircraft. Other addons also show ‘uninstalled’, but they work. For the AFC Bridge, I just double-click the exe to make sure.

My Honeycomb BRAVO LED lights quit working after SU5. I was able to restore them to working again by doing the following…

1. Uninstalled the Honeycomb MSFS driver by going to Windows Settings / Apps (click uninstall)
  2. Re-downloaded the current version 2.1 Honeycomb MSFS driver from flyhoneycomb.com
  3. Installed the re-downloaded Honeycomb MSFS driver.

I had Bravo bindings changed or removed and cannot fix them because the sim freezes when you try and you must shut the sim sown with task manager

My Bravo Bindings have also changed. I have attempted to re bind settings, but it’s not easy as the binding system appears to lock up. In fact as explained earlier you have to bind your setting, then move the switch in the opposite direction before it will allow you to validate the setting. The Bindings no longer light up when selected on the control panel. Some Bindings fail completely, landing lights in the A320 are one set. Possibly because it is a three position switch in the cockpit?
I thought the hotfix was going to sort everything, but apparently not. Will just add this to the growing list of items that have been broken and not fixed. Perhaps Microsoft should devote an update to fixing faults instead of introducing new complications that nobody asked for, like anti stall systems and fauna sliders. What about the fuel and payload sliders that have never worked properly, or the completely useless ATC system.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my Honeycomb Bravo. Some bindings have disappeared and sim freezes when I try to rebind or change them. I think some Thrustmaster users are also having this problem . Hopefully this will come to the attention of the developers. I don’t think it will be addressed unless large numbers of users report it. I did submit a report to Zendesk but from what I’ve read in the forum it doesn’t mean the problem will be set with.