Honeycomb Throttle Availability

I have had the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke since they first came out and have been trying for months to get the Bravo throttle quadrant with out success. I am starting to get really upset when I go on youtube and see another youtube personality getting a free throtlle quadrant to un box and review. I know that they want to get cheap publicity but do they need to keep giving out free products for review and make their existing PAYING customers continue to wait. Enough is Enough!!

7 Likes

I understand your frustration. I was lucky enough to find a seller on Amazon that was selling the yoke for $399. Most are trying to get $529-$550 which I simply would not do. $150 more was the most I was willing to do. I have an order in for the Bravo at B&H, they for a time had an order button even though it was backordered so I put in the order mid October. I emailed them the other day asking if thereā€™s any eta and they responded their stock is supposed to arrive 12/28 and it will ship that day. Crossing my fingers. So many things today are sold out, not much we can do about it, itā€™s a pandemic and people are ordering many more things they usually wouldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t be in a rush to.

The problem is that so many people pre-ordered the product that Honeycomb are struggling to keep up with demand - exacerbated by the scammers who bought it only to sell it ā€˜usedā€™ at double the price.

So with that in mind it may be March or April before you are able to get your hands on one.

I bought mine off EBay because it was being shipped to the seller on 11/30 because he was on the first available list. Iā€™m not going to tell you how much I paid (It was a lot), but because of the availability, plus the fact I really wanted one, I bit the bullet and ordered the only one he had.

As of now, I have a tracking number and is scheduled to arrive Mon. Do I wish I hadnā€™t paid so much? Yep! Do I regret that it will be in my hands Mon? (fingers crossed) Nope! If it is all that I expect it to be, the immersion factor overrides the monetary expenditure, by far!

I bought my throttle direct from Honeycomb. About a month ago the sent an email matching production runs to shipping dates. Mine is supposed to ship on 12/14. It looks like all of the first five production runs will be shipped by 12/8. They didnā€™t say explicitly, but itā€™s my impression that these runs comprise all the pre-orders. My assumption is based on the fact that I received other emails and ā€œpre-orderā€ and the production run dates are mentioned together.

Although I completely understand your decision and meant with all respect, the immersion factor in addition to being more important than the cost for you, the decsion is also rewarding vile and pimple-on-the-face-of-progress scalpers.

4 Likes

I was lucky and got in on the first run of orders direct from Honeycomb. It arrived Tuesday. Got everything set up with 5 different profiles. Generally very satisfied although the switches are hard to reach behind the levers and the autopilot dials/knobs are a little too small, making them hard to use. Honeycomb clearly prioritized having the Bravo match the Alphas dimensions.

1 Like

First production run seems to have shipped out Nov 25th. Fedex was slower than usual and I didnā€™t receive mine until Dec 4th. Well worth the wait!

Although I completely understand your decision and meant with all respect, the immersion factor in addition to being more important than the cost for you, the decsion is also rewarding vile and pimple-on-the-face-of-progress scalpers.

Scalpers? Perhaps. In the end, it all comes down to supply and demand. I wasnā€™t willing to wait for an item that I had no idea when I could purchase through regular channels. While I paid more than a lot of people would, there are others who would have paid that and more to get their hands on it if they were quick enough. I was just quicker than they were this time. Iā€™m retired and have saved some money over a long period of time. Iā€™m not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but Iā€™m not going to pack it in my coffin when I leave this world, so I want to enjoy the short time I have left.

No offense taken from your post, just explaining a little. Iā€™m no fan of scalpers either, but I consider this seller entrepreneurial, because he had an item for sale I wanted, at a price, although elevated, was within my limited budget, seemed an honest and helpful fellow in my dealings with him, so I pulled the trigger. I donā€™t regret my decision whatsoever.

2 Likes

I placed my order for the Bravo on May 23rd with Amazon. The delivery date has changed so many times. Sometimes Amazon have emailed me saying thisā€¦ othertimes I find out it has changed when I look on the website.
Latest dateā€¦ December 23rd

Regards
Steve

2 Likes

Got mine today. Ordered direct in the first few minutes available.

Jim-Sim

I am very happy you got one and especially because it sounds like someone you have worked with before. Iā€™ve got another year or so before Iā€™m in the same ā€˜retiredā€™ boat as you.

Many, many more happy landings, and even take-offs.

1 Like

Ordered mine direct from Honeycomb. Got week 2 production ā€¦ supposed to ship Dec 7th, arrived early ā€¦ Dec 4th. Great communication and updates along the way from Honeycomb.

1 Like

So for those of you that have one, how do the AP controls work? Can you actually use them? Can you somehow use the knob to set a heading, an altitude, and then a VS climb rate? How does it work? Does Honeycomb provide drivers?

Mine was pre ordered on amazon for a 23.12 delivery. Now it just says unavailableā€¦ so santa probably wonā€™t be bringing mineā€¦

Honeycomb is a garbage company. I have the Alpha. Great product. Meanwhile, go on eBay and look at all the Bravoā€™s being scalped for up to THREE TIMES the retail price. I emailed Honeycomb about it trying to be helpful. They told me to go fly a kite. And it wasnā€™t even that they were just unhelpful. They were obnoxious. By far the rudest response Iā€™ve ever gotten from a customer service inquiry.

Doesnā€™t surprise me at all theyā€™re shipping these around for free publicity. They clearly donā€™t gove a ratā€™s behind about their customers.

2 Likes

Yeah, case in point. Lucky to only get ripped off by a full 33%.

1 Like

Scalpers are by definition dishonest and unhelpful.

1 Like

I got very lucky on eBay, seller was 100 percent honest sold it for what the retail price goes for at 250 US dollars brand new in the box and in 2 days at my doorstep. Black Friday luck. Itā€™s sad on eBay how insane these price gouging is. Should be illegal .

Lucky enough to get one ordered today after a email notice from a retailer before they sold outā€¦
Ships mondayā€¦