Honeycomb Throttle Availability

I ordered from Sporty’s as well and expect to see mine sometime on this coming Monday. I am ready to retire the CH yoke lol.

1 Like

I ordered the throttle quadrant from Aerosoft and was told that mine would be shipped in early February 2021

Are you talking about the yoke instead of throttle? Note the thread is talking about the Honeycomb throttle quad.

I misread the topic title too. I am definitely getting the yoke Monday and want the Bravo throttle next.

Lucky enough to get mine today…
Was able to grab mine from an Email alert from one of the web stores…
Grabbed it before they quickly sold out…
Got it at regular price…

1 Like

Sorry I was talking about the Yoke also but I do have the throttle quadrant (not Bravo)
also

I believe I have mine set to either default or just 1 degree of dead zone for each axis, but I may be confusing the 1 degree setting with my rudder pedals. I can check tomorrow and let you know. It’s such an amazing yoke it doesn’t really need any adjustment IMO. I did have to unmap the engine start switches (magnetos) as it did keep turning the engine switch in the sim - well documented issue.

So yeah I can confirm for my yoke I set only a 1% deadzone under sensitivity for both the X and Y axis. Everything else is default.

My Yoke did arrive yesterday as scheduled. Flown a couple times and great, Would appreciate any comments or tips on flaring out. A lot of back pressure to overcome.

Mine came yesterday too and I’m in that learning mode myself. I sure love it so far. I need the throttle badly now.

1 Like

It will break in with a bit of use. But when flaring you should only be pulling back a little anyway, you want to make sure you’re not angling to the point where you hit the tail on the runway.

If you’re trimmed on final to maintain approach airspeed, you shouldn’t need much back pressure to flair and hold it off til touchdown.

Well remember that flight control authority is proportionate to airspeed (for simplicity’s sake). The faster the air is moving over the control surfaces, the more reactive they are. That’s why planes get mushy in slow flight. So no, it should not be just slight back pressure on flare and landing. In the 180 and 150 that I fly in real life, the yoke is in your lap at touchdown.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I flew a bunch of touch and goes and it’s getting used to it vs the joystick was most of the learning. I read somewhere that the user needs to unbind some of the controls right now, since we are a bit off topic already can somebody help me with that one, or is it already fixed?

Go into the control settings and click in the search window for the input selection to discover the button then turn the engine ignition switch. One by one unmap the magnetos that are bound to each position. It’s not yet fixed.

Oh man, Amazon just dropped an email on ANOTHER Bravo delay.
This time they’re not even giving a delivery date, just that they’ll keep me ‘periodically updated’ :pleading_face::slightly_frowning_face:

That does not comport with my 500 hours IRL.

It‘s really frustrating. I read that it could be March or April if you order now. On one platform it even said over 300 days :sweat_smile:. Also the Thrustmaster Airbus throttle quadrant seems to be out of stock.

Dam scalpers and countries looking to increase profits.

Bought the Yoke today can see myself waiting for quite some time before I get the Bravo throttle quadrant. Unless Honeycomb stop selling to Individuals looking to “Profiteer” off of people, because they are selling to non registered companies and Individuals.

I did visit the webpage and saw “Out of Stock” today, hopefully they are rethinking their distribution methods. Some to this country some to that country… none to that guy as he doesn’t look legit!

2 Likes

Yep, me too. Honeycomb, get your act together or I cancel. Ordered in July2020.

1 Like