Honeycomb Throttle Availability

Honeycomb My setup liking it so far

People gripe and yap about “preorder scalpers/scammers” but eventually gave into their inflated prices anyway
well yea YOU are part of the problem🙃
Make up your mind
either you love them or you stand against them

3 Likes

who do you mean?

Exactly 
 but i assume its not so excessive in an Airliner 
 (not have no RW experience with flying Airlines !!)

The best thing that could happen to the scalpers would be the same thing that happened to the Texas billionaire Hunt brothers. Although they denied it, Nelson and his younger brother Herbert are thought to have bought up an estimated 2/3rd of the privately held silver in the world as a hedge against the value of the dollar during inflationary times in the late 1970’s. When the value of silver went bust, so did the Hunt fortune. The same thing could theoretically happen to the value of the Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant and any other “special” hard-to-get item. Someone announces a new product that’s so much more “the thing” that far fewer people want to buy the Honeycomb device and just like the Hunt brothers, the scalpers end up with all their cash in a device that’s no longer the hottest thing on earth. Might be unrealistic but if VR were to become the latest, greatest thing, an HP Reverb G2 headset might only be available at outrageous prices and Honeycomb Throttle Quadrants could become a lot cheaper as they’re harder to use with VR.

Great thing about humans. We all like to rush over to the same side of the boat at one time. Hopefully, the boat is big enough that it ain’t gonna capsize

How the Hunt Brothers Cornered the Silver Market and Then Lost it All (priceonomics.com)

So let me ask this. When I moved into my apartment in 2017 Spectrum charged me $45 a month for internet only. After a year it went up obviously as noted in their fine print. Went up to something like $60. For the past year or so it had gone up to $69.99. This month the price is now raising to $75. I have ZERO options for any other service in my building. Am I part of the problem because I don’t want to keep paying more but do so because there are no other options? I don’t need the internet to live, but I need it to get online and watch streaming TV, to play MS Flight Sim, to shop, etc.

It all becomes a matter of worth and what what can pay or is willing to pay. Don’t sit there and act like if a scalper was selling something you strongly wanted but couldn’t get for only 10% more you wouldn’t jump on it versus waiting 9 months or more. I agree that I won’t give these scum double the price, no way, but for a small up charge that I consider reasonable for my expendable cash versus wait time I may decide the little extra is worth it. Unfortunately most try to make the largest profit they can and no way will I give it. But I won’t chastise someone with the expendable cash that will.

Bought mine from a reputable store in NZ one of only a few left. Cant see the Bravo for quite some time though. I have never bought anything off of places like Trademe at an inflated price, I would refuse to. https://www.pbtech.co.nz/

1 Like

What kind of scalper only marks it up 10% above retail? They generally double it and yes people who actually buy it at that price are the problem. If people had a little more will power the scalpers would get the hint. It wouldn’t be too bad if they sold them at a 10% markup

1 Like

Guess you missed my point. My point was that even charging only 10% above price is still scalping, and according to his logic you’re still supporting it and part of the problem, but to a degree most would be fine with. I did buy a couple of things only a small amount above regular price. I got the Logitech quadrant (to hold me over till I get the Bravo) for $80 (no tax) on Ebay. Retail is $60. For me it was worth it. Others are trying to get $140 which is ludicrous.

1 Like

Finally. Bravo on the way from aerosoft. Ordered back in october 2019
 greetz from innsbruck

Scalpers
 if the demand wasn’t there neither would be the supply or the prices would lower until there was demand, it’s simple economics.

It is frustrating but market economics has been around for a long time.

2 Likes

This isn’t about supply and demand, it’s about a company that doesn’t care if you get ripped off for their product. It’s that simple.

For the curious: available from Honeycomb’s site right now. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I just ordered one.

I ordered one early on and got in week 5. Looks like week 5 has some available now, so I guess I could have waited a few months and ordered today :slight_smile: That’s the way it goes I guess. I’m happy for others!

Thank you - I just ordered one too.

Update:
Just checked again - now sold out again at Honeycomb.

probably at the right place at the right time :slight_smile:

Saw the topic again and just for luck did a search for one again here in Oz. Got one! and at normal retail price too.

I watch, enjoy, and learn from YouTube videos, but when it comes to reviews, I give no credence whatsoever to presenters who’ve received free stuff from manufacturers.

I hear your frustration. Good luck getting your hands on a Bravo.

1 Like

Lucked out, they have a few from week 5 production. Just put my order in. Expected shipment around 12/30.

Thanks for the tip! I now have one on order through HC, Adorama, and Gulf Coast Avionics. Waiting to see which one ships first and will cancel the other orders.