Honeycomb XPC issue with XBOX

UPDATE: I was able the get all the switches on the Bravo to work. The gear lights and the other lights still don’t work however. The issue was my rudder pedals. I have the Thrustmaster TFRP pedals and when they were plugged into the hub, nothing on the Bravo worked. Once I disconnected them the Bravo worked. Now I need to figure out the rudder pedal situation and what works. Honeycomb told me that the TFRP Pedals would work.

I am able to get all of the buttons, levers and switches to work with my xpc and Bravo. My issue is that the selector and rotary knobs do not work. MSFS does not recognize them at all. My lights don’t work either.

Also, It would have been nice if Honeycomb included a diagram for the button binding numbers.

Odd to hear that - first I’ve heard. Of all the issues I’ve had in mapping buttons and axes, I will say the rotary dials were the one thing that worked out of the box, and kinda drove me to keep going in programming everything. You tried a fresh restart of the sim, plugging in all peripherals correctly at the main menu page?

No feedback from the dials at all when doing “search input”?

If you’d like, I can grab the names of these inputs for you, as MSFS knows them, probably tomorrow morning and see if you can’t map them manually that way?

I went from being very frustrated in these controls last night, to very impressed and satisfied with them today. Would like to help if I can!

Yes… I’ve signed out, quit the sim, unplugged and restarted it to no avail.

I also tried going through each button manually to see if I could find them but didn’t get far with that because I had other obligations at the time. I was going to try it again this weekend.

I will take any help I can get. Thank you for the offer.

Hey, check this out - interestingly, if your Xbox is powered off, and you power it on using the Xbox home button on the Alpha XPC, the lights on the Bravo flash ever so slightly…

Spad.neXt would not work with the Honeycomb stuff on Xbox, right? Assuming you need to do some modifying to the MSFS folders in the Windows system? It won’t allow for a quick plug into a PC, configure it, and those settings carry over to Xbox via the throttle itself?

Would anyone happen to know what the button binding number is for the left rotary selector knob?

I figured out the right one is 39 turning to the left and 40 turning to the right.

Thanks

SaviourOne - Happy Saturday!

I don’t think there is a binding for that selector. This morning when I started MSFS, Alpha controls were missing from the options page. I unplugged and replugged and they reappeared. I did another check on the Bravo buttons and found the right rotary was working. As you said, the bindings are 39 and 40. I had not checked all operations in the cockpit so I loaded the Bonanza and tried. I found that when I selected on the left knob and then used the rotary the proper action occurred. (So if I selected ALT and turned the rotary, I saw the altitude change and when I selected HDG I could change the heading bug.

Still no lights and the rocker switches do not generate action so far from fixed but it is nice to have the auto-pilot functions working.

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts HalfPandora788. They are very much appreciated. I will give it a try. Hopefully MS and Honeycomb provides a fix for these issues soon.

Im also having issues connecting the bravo at all. I’ve got the Alpha Xpc connected directly to the xbox. I’ve got the thrustmaster tfrp pedals connected to the Hotas (which works) one because the honeycomb xbox hub does not recognize a thing. I can’t seem to find what im doing wrong. MFS had an update today hoping that my bravo would be recognized, and nothing.

I turned on my XBOX today after 10+ days from my last play :sweat_smile: Good news!
After downloading latest FS updates, the yoke and throttle are working now. I tried buttons likes engine throttles, AP related buttons, gear, flap, lights, etc, they worked well. Hope it helps. Enjoy!

Glad to hear you’re up and running. Did the lights on the Bravo (landing gear, etc) come on?

I’m pretty sure these aren’t working for anyone. It would be nice to get some kind of statement from someone, either at Honeycomb or with Asobo’s team, as to the technical reason why these aren’t working and whether or not it could be resolved with updates to the software.

Right you are! Kind of amazing that a company that puts such care in producing some really great hardware would be so lead-footed about communication. A few simple tweets or an FB update would be something - though what I would really appreciate is a reply to messages to support submitted through their website. Feels like nobody’s home.

Emmm, the landing gear lights are not working. They are always black.

Honeycomb did respond by saying that the Xbox will need an update to get the SIP lights to work on the Bravo. There is no ETA as to when. Turtle Beach made the same statement with the Velocity One, and it took 8 months before the update arrived. So… we have to be prepared to wait.
Also it is stated in the manual that only the Charlie and Logitech rudder pedals will work through the hub. The thrustmaster pedals have be connected through the Hotas and a deticated connection to the Xbox.

Thanks TJ, helpful information

I just managed to place an order for the Hub and am awaiting its shipment in order to connect my Bravo which has been sitting idly unboxed since I took delivery of it 2 weeks ago.

Preparing for its setup, I came across this thread and got somewhat anxious about whether I have landed with a white elephant in the form of my Bravo!

Upon scrolling down all thread posts, am I right to conclude that the only outstanding issues with the Bravo (for most, if not everyone) as it currently stands is that related to the lights which do not come on? And other than that, all is good?

Is there anything I need to know in order to prepare/configure my Bravo in due course? I believe unlike PCs, there are no drivers/software to instal/update —am I right on this? So just connect the device, and let Xbox detect it and, where needed, update the FS software to handle the Bravo? I hope it’s that simple …

Got my Alpha XPC, Bravo and the hub today and connected it to the Xbox. I had to restart my Xbox after connecting each peripheral in order to be recognized properly in MSFS.

So far everything except the lighting on the bravo works for me.
However, I really hate the trim wheel action. Especially after coming from the velocity one. It is not an axis but consecutive button presses. Trim is basically not properly controllable with it since the sensitivity is really low and uneven. I cannot predict how much the trim is changing when turning the wheel. Anyone else have this issue so badly? I saw videos for third party software on pc that somehow converts the action to an axis, but this is not possible on Xbox. Also sensitivity cannot be changed as far as I know. Any suggestions?

I’ve just got my Bravo too but not yet the Hub, so have not been able to take the Bravo through its motions. As it’s my first throttle quadrant, I’m trying to visualize which consecutive buttons need to be pressed for the trim. If the trim is controlled by button presses, then how does the trim wheel that we have come into the picture? Sorry for this utterly noob question …and for not being able to answer your post either. … It’s just that my Bravo is simply sitting on my table and teasing me but I cannot yet connect it and test it out.