Honeycomb XPC issue with XBOX

The trim wheel is a rotary encoder rather than an axis (like TB V1 one is), it inputs consecutive button presses when you rotate it one way or the other. You’d assign it to elevator trim up/down buttons. The size of the thing is basically cosmetic, functionality wise it might as well be a small thumbwheel. The downside in using an encoder rather than an axis is that you get less fine resolution an less precise trimming. On the other hand trim axes don’t play too nicely with autopilot since unlike buttons they can’t communicate with it (the autopilot uses trim to control the aircraft).

As for the previous poster, I don’t think there is anything you can do to customize it on Xbox. It’s not technically impossible as the OEM could make it so that you could change the internal settings of the controller and switch it to axis and then that setting would persist even when changing computers or consoles (VKB programming software works like this), but they probably aren’t going to do that.

If you can’t predict the trim changes you are probably rotating it too fast though, game controller encoders can be laggy and can be overloaded with too fast inputs.

1 Like

Thanks PANTSZER for that explanation which is very helpful for a non-techie here and newbie to throttle quadrant and peripheral mapping in general :pray:

Thanks for the nice reply!
I’m aware that the wheel needs to be rotated quite slowly in order to get every movement to be properly registered as an input. However, still the actions seems to be uneven depending on the direction I rotate the wheel. If I try to rotate in both directions with the same slow speed and the same amount of degrees rotation, it still seems that the trim changed more for one rotation direction than the other. This makes it quite unpredictable. Maybe I just need to get used to it or my Bravo really has a tiny sensor issue.

Finally got an email from Honeycomb support today (text below). It included a link to a new Xbox set-up guide which I also found at the top of the Honeycomb homepage. Short answer: Xbox folks are working on it and it will require individual lighting profiles for each aircraft.

Honeycomb email:

I apologize for the delay in response. We have created a new Quick Start guide to assist in setup. Unfortunately, the latest update from Microsoft did not include the lights software for the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. Due to the complexity of each aircraft, the software will need individual lighting profiles for proper functionality. Microsoft is currently working on this now and we expect to have this ready by the next update.

Kind Regards,

2 Likes

Thank goodness, fingers crossed

That setup guide is…much better than I would have imagined it to be! Kudos to them for this.

Agreed, it’s nice to finally have a comprehensive understanding of what the different buttons and controls do and what each setup for a plane would look like

Very nice! Hopefully then we will have the lights working in SU12. The setup guide is also nicely done, appreciate it.

It is true, the left rotary is not detected directly by MSFS.

But the right rotary will generate “button presses” depending on the left rotary setting. So when the left rotary is set to ALT, turning the right rotary left/right will generate buttons 39/40 which can be mapped to INCREASE (or DECREASE) AUTOPILOT REFERENCE ALTITUDE.

Then, if you switch the left rotary to VS, you will find the right rotary will now generate different “buttons”! This time you will get buttons 41/42 which can be mapped to the AP VS functions.

Switch left rotary to the other positions and see more different buttons from the right rotary. HDG gives buttons 43/44 from the right rotary. CRS gives buttons 45/46. And IAS gives buttons 47/48. Map each “button” to the desired AP function and you will be sweet.

So, while MSFS does not see the left rotary directly, The system DOES work if you map the various right rotary buttons to the desired AP functions.

1 Like

Now is this to late for SU 11 or are we expected to assume 12?

Actually, I think that’s what I said so I certainly agree with you! :wink:

1 Like

Yea I’m using g them as we speak since Charlie seem so far out til release

I’ve had no issues with hub since release besides the lack of lights and warning panel but bravo and Logitech pedals work fine

As i understand things the bravo with the lights and some issues with button mapping is the major issue being brought up at this time and honeycomb made a statement about the lighting profiles being addressed by Microsoft in an update and even put out a mapping guide which is comprehensive and bides them a crowd of villagers and pitch forks showing up at their HQ. People made it known and finally they said we hear you and this is why it’s still not addressed

Hi. Is there any update to issues mentioned above? I mean lightning? Do those bravo buttons work? How about pre profiles for bravo? All profiles (single, multi engine, jet) do I have to adjust myself? Sorry for asking but considering switching from Velocity One to Honeycomb. Looking for info.

No resolution on the lighting to date but the buttons and selectors on top all work (not the switches).

Here is a link to an excellent walkthrough setting up profiles.

Hope it works out for you. Happy New Year.

Sorry the video link didn’t work. Here is the YouTube title

5 configurations for Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant in MSFS 2020

Originator is: Rmag

Thank you! I watched that, really helpful :slight_smile: hope they gonna solve this lightning problem soon. What about rudder? I found an info that only Logitech Saitek rudder works with Xbox hub? What about velocity one rudder? Have anyone tried this?

Anyone know which update is going to add the lights to Bravo on XBOX?

All hope in next one I guess…