Horizon line visible through mountains and objects

Still there during the Norway bush trip (even though forum image upload system seems to remove it almost completely compared to the original image).

Unfortunately this issue has been marked as “Not Planned” on the latest Feedback Snapshot.

I guess it must be a limitation of the rendering engine that cannot be rectified without a significant overhaul. Let’s hope they will explain why in the next Q&A.

In the meantime, it would be nice if we got a proper sharpening slider in the menu. The default oversharpened output makes this issue far more visible to my eyes. While not a proper solution, it would certainly help somewhat in my opinion.

7 Likes

I noticed this bug was moved to “Not Planned” too. I must say I’m disappointed with the decision to give up on this despite it being #6 on the lifetime list.

3 Likes

That should be raised at the next Q&A. I remember it being talked about on one occasion, and I inferred that it was going to be tricky to fix.

But not impossible.

3 Likes

I just noticed this myself. Really disappointing.

1 Like

Aw no. This is indeed very disappointing. I just hope we don’t see them giving up on some of the more “game breaking” bugs, like CTDs or people disappearing in multiplayer (I would regard this particular bug as more of an immersion killer, or an annoyance, but I respect that everyone has different opinions).

I’d certainly appreciate a dev comment on why this was moved to not planned. It really is quite immersion-breaking and it’s VERY disappointing to think we might be stuck with it permanently.

6 Likes

They already explaned on one of the Q@A last year, and was stated in this thread, it require major code rewrite on the engine.

To be honnest I never focus my eyes at this level, I don’t notice unless I really want to see it.

1 Like

This is pretty disappointing indeed.

I flagged this on way back in tech alpha even.

My guess is that it requires an engine rewrite, so it won’t be addressed.

thanks friend, i seriously thought my gpu was dying or something. it was a relief to see the exact same strips on your pic

as of 2022, 21 june, this exact problem still exists;

its quite jarring

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Horizontal strips can be observed in the distant mountains

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://i.imgur.com/ZR7KXeP.png

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Scattered clouds, a rocky area, preferably somewhere near Himalayas (that’s where i tested) adjust the time so that sun is just above mountains. roam around, and you will notice the artifacts

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

ryzen 3700x rtx 3070

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest version as of 21 Jun 2022

1 Like

I will add my voice to this long thread to say I too have just noticed the sharp line across the horizon which runs through mountains. I havent been simming much but started to again and truth be told it wasnt something I really noticed before this evening. Flying around Lofoton Islands in Norway and the line was so obvious regardless of weather or time. I thought at first it was an atmospheric line. Prepar3D sometimes had a line where the haze layer started. Gutted this problem is 2 years old and that Asobo are now refusing to fix it. I voted anyhow.

Chris Ibbotson

1 Like

They explaned on Q@A already, it need major
engine code rewrite which affect all “shader” engine.

More post will do nothing on that subject, it’s a long and major task= Not planned

1 Like

The issue tends to ruin lovely sunsets.

1 Like

Yes there is overs 100 screenshots in this thread.

This issue is still around after 2 years 
 wow :joy:

1 Like

yes it is still there
 and nothing has been done
including in SU 10 beta 2

See ExpressTomato52’s post above! This will not be fixed.

Well, not for the foreseeable future at least. It makes me wonder how much of their own engine they actually understand.

My only advice would be for everyone to continue submitting Zendesk tickets about it after every WU/SU. Let them know it’s still in he forefront of peoples minds.

4 Likes

That might be the only thing left for us to keep the hope. I completely understand that this is a rendering issue and maybe trying to sort it out would actually mess up a lot of other visual aspects of the game, I do not know. At least they should give a deeper explanation on why this is “unfixable”, it is bad enough to at least give community complete answer.

I just experienced maybe the most severe one yet, landing at Innsbruck few minutes ago.

7 Likes