Horizon line visible through mountains and objects

And of course being a graphical bug it’s visible in VR as well which I can confirm. Did anybody notice this issue in the recent Xbox trailer, maybe we can hope this is fixed in the DirectX 12 update which gets rolled out to the consoles as well?

Can I please ask why this issue is still on the “Backlog” with no sign of being fixed anytime soon?
It’s such a blatant graphical issue, that totally kills immersion, that surely it should be prioritised higher up the List of Important things to rectify regarding all of the Graphical Issues.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ll have a go. It doesn’t cause crashes, doesn’t stop people from flying, and compared to other issues being looked at is relatively low priority.

It will get fixed when it rises up the list as higher priority items are fixed.

3 Likes

It has been an issue since day 1 of closed alpha so I guess that should give it some priority don’t you think?, otherwise, there will always be other, higher priority issues. At some point it should get sorted.

4 Likes

it mustn’t be an easy fix

I have seen similar issue in Google Earth VR, but it looks there more like intentional inversion layer.

I saw something new yesterday, the multi-horizon line.

This bug is killing me and it’s been around since launch. :confused:

2 Likes

I thought it was some interaction with the terrain that made it more visible. I don’t do a huge amount of flying in the open sea or ocean, but I did notice it clear as day over the weekend.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the horizontal line also - it’s thin and not super obvious all the time (mine has only been single), but it does take away some of the immersion factor.

1 Like

It’s been there since the alpha haha

1 Like

Is this a bug, seems it is leaving a line across display when mist and sun is in view, else where I don’t get this line, any info on this? did search and could’nt find anything…

You literally posted in a thread, possibly “the” thread discussing this very issue. I guess your search worked after all.

My post got moved to this one, but I found this post after I posted…

Thanks for being smart

Ah, so you didn’t use the search after all? Then I withdraw my earlier statement congratulating you on your successful search. :wink:

When I fly, mostly when the sun is brightly shining, I see a strange horizontal line in the middle of the screen.
Does anyone know what this could be? I have a RTX2060, most settings on high or ultra.

This is annoying. Needs to be fixed soon.

Up! Let’s vote! This bug kills immersion.

1 Like

Hey, this is a game issue. I have a GTX 1660ti and as little as I play Fs2020, the issue is still there many months later. I noticed it last night flying over Honolulu.

I really fear that it’s an engine issue, and one that’s potentially unsolvable. Perhaps when they update to DX12 they’ll be tweaking the engine code too? We can only hope!

I’ve reported this since Tech Alpha.

1 Like