Horrible stuttering after SU8

Hi Terrylawdin
As an update I did a chkdsk /v/r on both my C drive and E drive (flightsim drive), and then also enabled VX2 and VX512 in my BIOS CPU settings. The difference was remarkable with respect now to very few stutters (mostly between FL25 and 15 if any) and v little memory leakage compared to before (fingers crossed so far). I have also yet to experience a BSOD - WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR in two days; it was becoming fairly regular before. So jury’s out, but so far I’m amazed how much difference this has made. I’d never done a full chkdsk before on either drive for years so that may well have been a factor.

1 Like

Since SU8 my simulator shows a white spinning circle causing abrupt FPS drops and consequent stutters.
This defect appears on takeoffs, landings and eventually during flight. Both in 2D and VR.
I tried with different parameters both in game and Nvidia control panel and even in the same Windows settings.
Empty community folder.
I tried to install the simulator from scratch (180 GB). None of this solved the problem.
I was advised to immediately turn developer mode on and off at the start of each flight and this effectively prevents the circle from appearing.
The drawback, apart from the inconvenience, is that the flight is not recorded correctly in the book.
I see in other threads users with the same problem and all linked to the white rotating circle.
And I repeat, this appears with SU8, the simulator was working fine before that.
Any idea what might be causing this problem?

3 Likes

I understand and believe that te white spinner is an indication that the sim is loading information, usually from the internet, but may also be something internal.
So assuming your internet connection is okay maybe you’re suffering the same problem as DeckledEar 50940 and have a disk problem? Why not try running a disk checking utility, maybe a disk cleanup and defragmentation, although the latter is not usually needed for SSD’s and is not recommended to be run regularly, unlike the old spinner disk drives.
Just a suggestion but if you’ve exhausted other avenues it’s worth a try.

Thanks. I already ruled out such a problem.
In addition, the error appeared immediately after the installation of SU8 and there are several of us with the exact same symptom.

2 Likes

it is not a disk problem, i tried to install the game in two diferent disks and the issue persists

2 Likes

Post what plane you are flying when it does this. As has been stated i was still using the exp version of the FBW A320 and since changing to dev version it has stopped. The dev version now has all the features of the exp like LNAV and TCAS etc.

Today in the afternoon I started the simulator, I wanted to fly over a guitar that was built with trees in my country (Argentina).
-33.8672999265099, -63.98626982196249
I put in the coordinates and chose to start from the air. The entire flight went without a stutter. Weird because I hadn’t applied the developer mode medicine.
I then did several take offs and landings in different places and in none of them did the white spinning circle appear.
I thought “Done. They fixed it”
To make sure I exited the simulator and re-entered.
And there it was again, the unfriendly white circle spinning and stuttering.
False alarm.
What a strange thing this defect.

I do have the same…several times, Europe, Asia and USA as well

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.