Is there a hotfix coming for WU6 issues?

Got everything switched off lol. It starts juddering and freezing soon as I leave the tarmac never had a problem before the update 6

Sim is worst it’s ever been for me, it’s been a gradual downhill ever since release with the constant graphical downgrades to facilitate unrequired performance gains and XBox.

For this hotfix, I would most like;

1. Put the LOD draw distances back what to what they used to be, no idea why they reduced yet again on WU6.

2. Put the clouds back to how they used to be, they are terrible now, ULTRA looks like LOW.

3. Put the lighting back to how it used to be, everything now is washed out.

4. Get rid of the ridiculous lightning.

Then once these are back to how the used to be, LEAVE THEM ALONE.

5 Likes

Not experiencing the stuff mentioned above however would be nice if the night lighting was fixed sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Can you provide a side by side comparison between WU6 and previous version to substantiate the LOD degradation. IMO LOD is better than it’s ever been, i can provide a comparison between earlier versions should you wish.

I agree clouds have been somewhat degraded, but not as much as Ultra to low, probably Ultra to high, again a comparison would be welcome.

Lightning, agreed 1000%, this can be rather annoying and a fix would be most welcome.

Regarding the lighting, sure some things were changed, seemed partially fixed after the hotfixes. I understand there were shader issues. There is still some work to be done here but it’s far better now than post SU5

1 Like

Hopefully this will fix the missing Jetways issue.

LOD distance - [BUG LOGGED] Tree draw distance reverted back to pre-SU5? - Logged by devs

Clouds - Clouds pixelated - #94 by p1nba11er

1 Like

This Sim is horrible and at its worse point for me. I have given up tbh…wu6 has given me nothing but CTDs no matter what I do. It took me 2 days to reinstall the dam thing due to many issues with the installer which is another topic of its on and now I get CTDs everywhere…even when just sitting in the menu and even with the new BS safemode they tried to introduce as a “fix” I had almost no CTDs before SU5 and WU6…ever since SU5 its been a run away train downhill and at this point its not even worth it. Just now trying to fly from EGLL to KJFK literally made it to final and ready to land and then boom CTD like ■■■ !! 7 hours wasted

3 Likes

Perhaps this issue is not affecting everyone, for me personally LOD is great! I have the steam version, modded cfg and shaders (reshade) with paid tree mod, never had a single CTD, only issue was when updating to SU5, download was very slow.

I also mod PGG LOD with a few other tweaks, using older cloud assets from previous versions might also be a reason for the less noticable effects on my side.

I sincerly hope these issues are fixed, especially for those experiencing CTDs.

1 Like

Would you say reshade is better then the NVidia Freestyle filters?

For sure, all depends which shaders you using in reshade, but if you would like, ill gladly share my settings, only sharpen and grain need to be deactivated in cfg for msfs2020.

that would be great thank you!

Who would like to join me in prayer for (though I doubt it) a fix for the freezing/disconnecting mouse?

1 Like

Microsoft recently bought Bethesda…

I guess they are going for a “hold my beer” moment that will make MSFS2020 look like an extremely highly polished release.

speed isn’t everything :wink:

He was talking about your routing to the game servers as MSFS streams alot of the data and detail you see and if the routing of your connection was affected or you were suffering from high latency then this could affect your performance. I would recommend power cycling your network equipment aswell to see if this has any affect.

Still no date for the next SDK Q&A (or what it’s Topic will be) ??

Would not be the 1st time …

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nepal-airline-odd-idUSEIC47086020070905

5 Likes

Mines the same, spot on since the last World update, good performance and graphics on my PC

It’s a shame to hear that Xbox users are having the same quality degradation issues PC users have complained about after every update…at least they are showing no favoritism to one platform versus the other.

1 Like

hah, good luck. They still haven’t hot-fixed critical issues that was introduced in sim update 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

Asobo doesn’t know the concept of continuous hot-fixing. You can only fix issues in intervals of months, according to their rigid sim update schedule :slight_smile:

3 Likes

me too for 2 days running like a champ, but then the very next time i crank it up, without making any setting changes or add-ons, it’s suddenly low frame rates, stuttering and 2 CTDs. I get disgusted and angry and just don’t even want to deal with it anymore. What the hell is with this software?
It’s getting so that I just stop using it because I don’t know if it’s gonna work right or not. Am I going to spawn at the ramp after picking a location, choosing an aircraft, setting up a flight plan and the weather I want to fly and suddenly have to shut it all down because I’m getting 15 fps? when yesterday it was just fine!!!