Hotkey to toggle the instrument HUD in the outer view

I fully support this

1 Like

If you go to “Controls” and the filter “ALL” - it’ll give you a bunch of unassigned keys.
If you search for “toggle” you will come across things like “Toggle Cockpit” and “Toggle Instrument View Freelook” - so I think it’s already possible to toggle this.

My problem is that the game won’t allow me to assign keys at the moment for some reason.

1 Like

Hot key or not - Given there is a fairly good range of Options within the Camera dialog, A simple toggle switch in the GUI would be sufficient to start with, then allow advanced users to assign to Joystick buttons or Key combos if they so wish.

2 Likes

Agree with this.

It’s not terribly hard pausing to the menu and switching on and off, but seems that a toggle key should be available.

In fact, I was so sure it would be possible, I spent an hour or more this morning trying to find it… pretty sure it’s NOT already possible to do as suggested above.

The function (under GENERAL-CAMERA) is called INSTRUMENT HEADS-UP DISPLAY (HUD). There is no function as of now to toggle it on and off :frowning:

I would love a button to toggle the Hud on and off for the external view.

3 Likes

I agree I wish this is taken into consideration

Just created mod: uimod-mugz-hiddenhud

Toggle ingame HUD on/off by pressing NumLock

3 Likes

Great stuff!!!

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! It works perfectly, thank you very much. :+1:t2:

Or a “pure scenery shot mode” that can automatically hide the HUD/instruments temporarily when taking an external view screenshot, then resume the HUD/instruments after the screenshot has been taken.

I hope to be able to assign a key to HUD on / off to not interrupt the flight (pause) and follow the long procedure: Options> General> Camera> Tools.
Pielle (from Italy)
Sorry for the translation via Google Translate!

And few other options on how it looks, a minimalistic less intrusive or arcadish one would be great.

Until this is implemented good folks, this mod does exactly what you want. It lets you toggle the external HUD & other UI elements (POI, player names) with the backspace key.

1 Like

Really would like a future sim update to include a TOGGLE option for the chase camera HUD to be able to bind to the keyboard, etc. so it can be turned on/off during flight when using the chase camera view. I enjoy switching between cockpit and chase views during every flight and this would save having to pause the flight to change the selection. I understand there is this unofficial add-on but I’d prefer to have it built into the sim. Seems like a simple thing to add.

2 Likes

Really good suggestion - voted.

The UI Mod “Shift-z Stats” does do the trick!
Made for having a Framecounter, Lat/Lon Display, Simrate display, fuel … etc in red colour in the upper left corner like it was in FSX.
Additionally it has a hot key on < for toggeling the HUD in cockpit and outer view.

Get it on fligjtsim.to

2 Likes

An assignable key for toggling the external gauges would be very convenient.

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure where you leave feedback ideas for development into the game. My suggestion is a disappearing HUD for chase camera. For instance, it would only appear for a few seconds if you make an adjustment to throttle (if I had to only pick one thing), then it fades after a moment with no further input to throttle. Maybe even have a section of what inputs would make the HUD temporarily appear – throttle, flap adjustment, trim, etc. Or maybe even have a customizable HUD for exterior, where you can pick what is shown, instead of just the Full and the Minimal setting we have. Personally, I think both Full and Minimal have things I maybe don’t care much about, while they are missing items I would much rather be able to see at any given moment, such as time, wind direction, or if various autopilots are turned on. Needless to say, there should also be a bindable hotkey to simply toggle the HUD on/off. That would actually mitigate the whole problem with not being able to quickly hide the HUD for a quick screenshot, or just to admire your flight.