How Can I Get A Cyborg V.1 to Work?

I have a Cyborg V.1 joystick that works with X-Plane, the older MS Flight Simulator, auto and motorcycle racing, and just about everything else I’ve thrown at it except the new Flight Simulator. FS recognizes the existence of the Cyborg, even properly identifying it but I have no opportunity to customize anything. No axis is present, no buttons, nothing. Nothing to assign. Nada. Zip.
I would think such a rudimentary joystick would be a snap to set up, particularly since windows 10 already knows everything about it.
Any suggestions?

Have you set the filter to ‘All’??

This might help you…

I should have mentioned that I have was referring to the peripheral setup menu having nothing to work with. The mouse and my Wacom Pen Tablet are shown there, as well as my Cyborg, but the Cyborg fields are completely empty. The headings are briefly shown, but immediately removed, leaving nothing but a blank sea of emptiness. No defaults can be selected. Nothing will be shown regardless of selections made from left side settings.

Have you set the filter in the bottom left corner to ‘ALL’???

It doesn’t matter what the filter setting is - nothing appears where the settings should be displayed.

Well, the latest update forced me to re-install FS and this time I had the joystick plugged in during the install. Finally I have a response from the options menu! I will take a look at the Peripheral Setup guide, because so far the joystick is behaving more like a toggle switch than a linear device.

Well, I was forced to update 2+GB of fixes before I had a chance of trying some new settings for the axis. Now the joystick is not being recognized once again. I would replace the joystick, but the popularity of FS has driven the price of mediocre replacements beyond what is reasonable. Playing the game with the keyboard is an exercise in frustration. I guess I’ll just go back to X-Plane until things quiet down.

Another update, another attempt to get the Cyborg working. The control surfaces are all being treated as digital inputs - off or on. In fact it says to select a button as an input. I can assign joystick axis to mixture control and get a nice linear input, but there is no such option for the control surfaces. This makes no sense to me! What am I doing wrong?

I have the same problem. Did you get a solution?

I used the tutorial above to map the axis. Searching for the control surfaces displayed more options than those displayed in the “essentials” menus. Sensitivity settings also made a huge difference.