How can I get the regular Pilot Avatars in the carenado M20 R?

For some reason, Carenado decided that I can only have two pilots in my M20R plane that are chosen by Carenado. I do not want those.

How can I chose the pilot avatars from MSFS for the plane ?
Is there something I need to edit in a file or such ?

Surely there must be a way…I want my two pilots that I have for any other plane.

1 Like

You could go in to the model directory of the plane, back up the original files, and edit the CARM20R_cockpit_LOD01.gltf and CARM20R_cockpit_LOD02.gltf files, search for the records associated with pilots and replace them with the name of the Asobo pilots from one of the default planes. It may good to understand Portuguese or Spanish (I’m not sure which), since it looks like the stuff associated with the pilot stuff is one of those two languages (the native language of the authors). @CptLucky8 wrote an excellent tutorial on how to turn the co-pilots on somewhere. You could use this as a template on figuring out what needs to be replaced.

1 Like

That old man and the young 20-something in almost all Carenado payware are terrible for screenshots etc. There aren’t any other characters, it’s always these two. Very disappointing for such a well known add-on developer, no diversity, no variety, same old-fart that in real life would probably be nasty to the young guy… Makes it almost impossible to get a good screenshot from the front with any Carenado plane besides the WACO.

2 Likes

You know what I like least about the guy? He’s not smiling! He’s flying a Mooney!

He should be grinning from ear-to-ear, “Hey kid, I’m flying a freakin’ Mooney!”

:grin:

5 Likes

Somehow my thinking as well.

MSFS is a very diverse game, you travel the whole world and yor Pilot can be of every ethnicity and from the looks of it also gender.

It would be so much better to just let the customer use the avatars they set up in the game.

To me, frankly, the plane is rather useless in its current state.
Cannot use it for outside views where I see the pilots at all.
I have little fun using this plane.

I’ll dig into that, thank you.

Come to think of it, the presence of those two pilots is the main reason that holds me back from the enthusiasm of buying their planes.
Carenado, please add the default passenger and pilot function

2 Likes

Same here 100%

I totally agree, who goes flying and looks so grumpy like that?