How can I use DVD version without disc?

The biggest problem is when the DVD burner player is breakdown; in that case, it’s impossible to use MSFS. Is there an other way to launch the sim ?

Hi @Jeanroidumanche,
See this post in #self-service:wishlist

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/box-version-disc-check/139565/26

In short, you can make an ISO image of disc 1 and mount that disc. That way you don’t have to use the actual disc any more. This of course requires a working DVD player to make the initial ISO.

I always run from a mounted ISO file. No problems at all.

1 Like

I put ISO image of disc 1 onto usb stick and just leave it in the computer. Has worked with no problems since last September.

I am wondering because with my system I don´t need to use disc 1 anymore since a couple of weeks I guess, and I didn´t special configurations by myself. Its the stock version.

With the number of updates going forward since this is a Software as a Service philosophy. The files in the DVD version would be entirely outdated anyway.

Which means if you install the sim using the DVD assuming your drive can endure all those discs. At the end of the day, the version that you install from the DVD might all be outdated so it would eventually need to redownload the entire Sim again anyway, thus wasting your time and effort.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.