How do you delete a saved flight file on Xbox?

Hi, I just bought flight simulator on Xbox, so far I am really enjoying it. I have saved a flight and completed it. The only problem now is how can I delete the flt file? It says I can only load it and when I do, my game crashes.
Thank you all for the help
-Zombieburger12

1 Like

Hi @zombieburger12 , and welcome to the forums.

I don’t have the XBox version myself, so you can’t help you with the question about deleting it (maybe someone who knows will pop in later).
The .flt files are very small though (a couple of KB), so you don’t have to worry about it eating away at your storage.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply! @MortThe2nd

I’d still like to know this myself, for the xbox version. Mainly because as I save more and more flights, I don’t want a huge list of old ones.

2 Likes

How do you delete saved flights on Xbox.

Yeah me too. I want to know it because the list is getting longer and longer.

1 Like

Does anyone know? It´s about the .flt and .pln files. Since the sim is syncing with the account and my settings in the sim on pc and xbox are synced, I´m wondering if I could delete these files on my pc and they are deleted on my xbox.

1 Like

pretty interesting question here. as i am console player only, could you please confirm if you add .flt or .pln files to your PC version they will be synchronized with console version? so consoles players could create or download plans and transfer them to console this way?

1 Like

I´m not at home know, but I will I try it later. I´ll give feedback afterwards. I also made a request to Asobo about deleting these files on the xbox. There must be solution for this. It´s pretty normal to have this in any other program.

MSFS edit: The following suggested solution deleted everything, including downloads and is not recommended.

Found this in the Microsoft Forum:

" How do I delete saves I don’t want?
You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You’ll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
  • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
  • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
  • Cancel leaves your data intact."

I´ll try this at home and lett you know.

Greetz Dennis

Found this in the Microsoft Forum:

" How do I delete saves I don’t want?
You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You’ll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
  • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
  • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
  • Cancel leaves your data intact."

I´ll try this at home and lett you know.

Greetz Dennis

2 Likes

yes, but thsi rtemoves all saved data, so also your progress in the tutorials, logbook, etc etc.
i agree we need much more finer control in deleting stuff, but maybe that is possible?
on pc i can delete just a flightplan ingame, wonders how that works on console.

1 Like

I think that would also delete your flight level, settings, and everything else.

1 Like

You really dont want to delete your save data it will remove everything including your progress. Never delete your save data on xbox unless you want to completely wipe out all your progress.

Unfortunatly there seem to be no way to delete flight plans, havent checked yet if its possible from inside the sim on xbox itself maybe there is an option when you choose load flight plan ? Have to check on that if there is no option there then best bet is to make a zendesk ticket about it and hope they add an option to delete them

You´re right. It deleted everything. Even my downloads. I don´t had any progress. So it´s ok. I opend a ticket for zendesk. Let´s see.

1 Like

You´re right. It deleted everything. Even my downloads. I don´t had any progress. In this case no harm is done. Download my stuff again. But the save files are gone. :slight_smile: So it´s ok. I opend a ticket for zendesk. Let´s see.

1 Like

Sadly the .ftl and .ptl are not synced. As so far i could see in my lunchbreak. Didn´t have enough time to check it out. But I don´t think so. Cheers

Maybe remove that from your previous post then, to make sure others don’t loose their settings etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought I was going mad. I have been searching around within the Sim to see if I could delete this and turned up with nothing.

Can we please get an option when we go to load and save and be able to delete what we want rid of.

That would be great.

Glad I wasn’t going mad.

Thanks.

I have also reached out to the support team on Twitter. I really hope we can get this fixed ASAP.

1 Like