Problem with buying in the Marketplace

Hey guys I’m new at msfs. I’m trying to buy an airplane on the msfs marketplace. When I go to purchase it . It tells me I need to buy credits. How do I buy credits ? Thank you.

Hi @OfxMav,
Think of credits as real money. When you buy a product it translates the real money into credits which then will be used to finalize the purchase.

In short: it‘s done automatically in the background.

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

1 Like

Perhaps it’s worth reading a few forum posts about the Market Place updates and see if you are still happy to purchase from there before you spend your money.

I’ve bought aircraft from both the market place and direct from the developers websites and it has to be said you tend to get updates from Devs days, weeks even, before it arrives for the Market Place version. Not always a problem other than a bit of a wait, but sometimes it’s a fix after a MSFS2020 World/Sim update has caused an issue which can be the difference between actually using the aircraft/scenery or not.

Carenado and Just Flight are both worth checking out and there are plenty more (Blackbox provided me with a great BN-2 Islander and their BirdDog is well regarded too.)

The Market Place is a great idea and does filter out the worst/less experienced work, but it really could do with being updated much more regularly to ensure products are working correctly as soon as a fix or update comes in.

I hope you’re happy with whatever your choice will be and you get many hours of fun flying it.
Welcome to the Sim too.

Thanks for the help but, where do you buy the credits ? I have bought Microsoft cards and them redeem them so I do have Microsoft cash in my account.

First off, are we talking PC or XBox? If PC, are we talking MS Store or Steam?

For me it is simply clicking on “Buy and Download” in the in-game Marketplace, which leads me to the Steam store. There I simply follow the payment instructions, click on “Confirm Transaction” (or similar) which brings me back to the in-game Marketplace, which then concludes the transaction by starting the download.

Steam let’s you pay with a range of payment options, including Paypal. But I doubt that “Microsoft cards” will be any good in Steam. So I guess you’re talking about the MS Store, but the procedure should be very similar to the one in Steam.

Hope that helps.

Yes pc. I bought mine on the Microsoft site, So when I go to the marketplace and hit the download/buy,. With in 10 seconds i get massage thats says you need to get creditdvenough to cover the purchase…

with my pc version it is impossible to buy…after the hours wasted installing the latest upgrade here’s another brain-bending complication. Microsoft where are you? Is it possible that there is no one able to explain step by step what to do for a purchase on the MSFS shop?

Okay, I don’t know then. I never purchased anything from the MS Store.

With Steam I also need to purchase “credits”. But after clicking on “Buy and Download” (in FS 2020) it directs me to Steam (= the Steam app opens) and I can choose to buy the exact required amount, 50 CHF or 100 CHF.

Once I choose the option here it leads me to the payment options (credit cards, Paypal, …), and once you have paid it still asks you to “Confirm the transaction” (I guess to let the in-game Marketplace know that you really want to spend your “credits” on that item).

Once confirmed I am directed back to the in-game Marketplace which starts the download.

Not the most streamlined purchase process ever encountered (because naturally two different payment stores are involved: Steam and the in-game Marketplace respectively whatever payment system is behind that), but worked reliably for me so far.

I am at a loss , I just went and bought steam credits as well and still cant download anything for the msfs market place… Is there anyplace eles that i can buy planes and other add ons? Sad to say i am almoast ready to give up and uninstall the game…

Hi @OfxMav,
Do you still have a problem of not buying any marketplace items?

Here you wrote MS Store version:

And here you bought Steam credits:

Can you confirm where you bought MSFS from? MS Store version or Steam?

i boutght the game on microsoft store…

why you mention then Steam ?

In general Steam users must have enabled the Steam overlay, otherwise it will not work.

If you buy an airplane in the in-game msfs-mp and pay it with steam, because you have a steam-version of the game, the “value of the airplane” is translated into these fictional virtual currency ( these “credits” ) and you only pay in Steam for that credits … If the transaction is fine, it goes back to the game and the credits are now automatictly used to bought the airplane ( or whatsever ).

You will never see in Steam ‘what’ you bought for that credits… horrible thing, I know…

How it works in MSFS store, I don’t know… may be in background is the same fictional virtual currency (introduced from the game developer company) used to pay for some what.

With MS Store version, assure that your PC region is correct with your form of payment. This also includes the date/time region on your PC.

I also have the MS Store version of MSFS. My MS account form of payment is PayPal - although you could setup your MS account with a credit card. When buying from the marketplace, the credits vs actual monies is automatic.

As @MichaMMA pointed out, buying the credits from Steam will not work if you own the MS Store version. Hopefully you have other Steam games to use those credits or maybe Steam can credit that back?

one additional note… may be there is a translation thing.

You can buy in Steam in generally “credits” ( you get a positive amount of money in steam account ) , but which have noting to do with the “credits” from MSFS.

You can pay the MSFS “credits” with your Steam “credits”… in case you have no Steam-Credits ( not a positive saldo ) steam just ask you how you want to pay (paypal, visa, whatever) what you sell.

I assume in meanwhile @OfxMav meant Steam-Credits and this can be used for each other application in Steam, this is just nothing else as real money. In contrast to the MSFS-Credits, which are only for MSFS.

Still not working , I have done all updates, made sure time location, payments was all right. not sure what to do next? I have seen people use mods but I am not sure how that works…

1 Like

Yeah, but the purchase never finalizes in-game. You just lose the money you spent.

there is a support team and I remember no report in forum about that this happens and where then the support not helped :slight_smile:

Anybody out there willing to take some time and help me… I am new at this game and i can not figure outt a few things… 1 buying from the market place aswell as mods … I have been looing for help for almost a month … thank you …