How do you feel in regards to SU6?

Looks like another bugfilled release to me. I downloaded the update (got lucky and did it before the server troubles started, apparently), then picked up my Norway Bush Trip, my only unfinished Bush Trip. Set my desired altitude on the AP, took off, pitched for the speed I wanted to climb, turned on the AP and set FLC mode. Then watched as the plane climbed all the way thru my set altitude, never slowing the climb and switching to ALT mode. That’s new behavior, and I’m assuming a bug. No worries, I switched to VS mode and set it descend back to my desired altitude. Then watched it descend all the way thru my set set altitude, continuing down at my set VS. Does the AP never actually stop at my desired altitude now?

Oh well… I continued on to my destination, landed, and… nothing. It didn’t say that my mission was complete. I taxied around and stopped at various places and… nothing. It refused to register that the mission was complete.

That’s at least two new bugs found on my first flight with the new release.

At least they (FINALLY) fixed the “go-to” button in the XCub so it give a real bearing / distance instead of the “NaN” it used to give.

My expectations are so low now that I just assume whatever is fixed will be offset by new bugs introduced.

Edit: A day later, both of the bugs I noted have been noticed by others, so I know it isn’t just something wonky with my setup. Apparently the alternate G1000 fixed the altitude bug, but nobody has yet suggested a fix to the Bush Trip legs not recognizing the end.

2 Likes