How do you feel in regards to SU6?

Great update, VR smooth :+1:

1 Like

Disappointed (again
). Performance is down compared to SU5 and visuals are not at SU 4 levels.
Since SU5 something feels ”off” in the sim. It just doesn’t feel real anymore. Especially in VR - shimmering, pixelated clouds, lighting is off (washed out, overexposed), color banding etc etc.

7 Likes

They fixed what they set out to in the release notes, and I can’t see any new bugs right off the bat. If they can continue to keep knocking them down over a period of time (on top of stabilizing the servers
) we’ll be in a good place.

3 Likes

Don’t see anything different really. Live weather is not available now
 Preliminary testing FPS count seems down. Still testing it out.

This sim reminds me of the Gov’t Mule song “Beautifully Broken”

A whole lotta trouble but it sure is pretty

Tear it down and start again from scratch would be my advice.

3 Likes

Of all the ethical lapses perpetrated by Microsoft over the years, telling its customer that the internet connection is our problem when it isn’t is minor. It still shows Microsoft’s rotten attitude to service.

1 Like

How do i feel about SU6?
I would love to be able to find out but I can’t even download it. Tried this morning
no update available come home from work, update available but they now say servers are down

1 Like

I was feeling pretty enthusiastic before the fun ended with the Azure servers croaking and a Marketplace purchase I made at that time (out of enthusiasm) ended up as an aggravating mess. If Asobo does it 90% (they broke the TBM a little, that’s at least all I could find out so far) right for once, you can really rely on either MS or the MS Store or whatever botching it all up.

1 Like

Install/update Xbox app.

Night lighting is hugely improved. Performance is fantastic, especially for people on older hardware. Just frustrating that looking at the patch notes it looks like so much is improved but yet so many Day 1 bugs remain (the sun never sets, for example) but they are saying those are being attended to and it looks as though by SU8 we should be in tip top shape.

They are updating at a furious pace and many new users are joining us this week as it is lower price on steam. For IFR flyers its much better, airliner pilots are going to have to wait a bit more. Thank god for FlyByWire, 787 Heavy & 747 Salty teams is all I can say!!!

2 Likes

How do I feel about it? Guess I’ll let you know once I can install it. On my fifth attempt now.

3 Likes

Servers are down

1 Like

Performance / FPS change ?

Re-check your Graphics settings, and make sure they are what you want / had before.

I find with every SU, my Graphics setting seem to be set back to some “Program Optimized Default” , which seldom is as good as what my former Tweaked settings were,

I wish I can tell you. I can’t download it, keep receiving “unable to reach authentication service” error message. I guess that has to do with all kinds of servers going down.

Here on East Coast USA, as I type this, servers appear to be up for Downloading MSFS, or at least for doing so for a full Re-Install, however, download rates seem to be all over the place, according to what part of the Install is currently being done.

Currently doing CONTENT MANAGER downloads, and it appears that Asobo content downloads significantly faster than 3rd party MS-Store addons, which slow down during download/install from (in my case) 130Mb.s to as low as 1Mb/s as each part downloads 
 (Strange - not seen that before with previous updates/installs)

But at least it is Installing and not Looping !!!, and like ROME, MSFS is not istalled in a day !!

It updates for about 500MB to 1TB and then loses connection. If I shut down and restart, it gets a little more each time. On east coast also.

1 Like

I get about 2 MB
 and then that’s it.

1 Like

I found that after SU6 the LEDs on my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant no longer operate automatically when the sim starts up. Now it is necessary to run the AFC_Bridge App manually each time the sim is started. Something has changed with respect to the EXE.xml file that sutomatically ran this App and
it was working perfectly before SU6. The file itself has not changed. SU6 appears to have broken this operation some how.

About 8 hours later the LEDs came back on automatically. I have no idea why unless it was the PC reboot which I may not have done after installing the update.

1 Like

Excellent update. In the past I never really had a desire to fly at night, but after this update the lights and draw distance are amazing. Departed LAX for Vegas and was pretty blown away by the lighting. There may be a bug with approach lighting as the runway lights seemed to go dim as I got closer. I was on about 5 final at Vegas and the first half of the runway just blacked out. Great update overall.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with my Honeycomb Bravo. you have to spin it like a roulette wheel for it to take effect, then when it does look out. Was working great before SU6.