How do you feel in regards to SU6?

Same here, trim doesnt work for honeycombe bravo anymore which is annoying as it was superb before the update. They really done me dirty on this one haha.

2 Likes

Smooth update. Best one yet for me. Followed all the safety checks prior to install. Removed community folder, made sure windows up to date, Nvidia up to date. Deleted cache in options. Downloaded through Windows store. On starting the sim it loaded noticeably quicker. Quick couple of flights and everything seems fine.

2 Likes

Three steps forward, two steps backā€¦ that typically means that while trying to fix something, other things got broke. So I read your list, and they are all future wants. Some of them arenā€™t even on the list of features and bugs requested which have been voted on and ranked. Iā€™m nit sure how you can expect Asobo to address your list if they donā€™t even have your list as things they are to work onā€¦.

5 Likes

xbox series x.
Did it seem to me or the quality of anti-aliasing dropped dramatically?
The ladders along the edges of the aircraft became very visible when the external camera was turned on.

I have to say on first view I didnĀ“t recognize that many changes/improvements. But what I can say is, they changed something about the planeĀ“s physics in case of winds, the unsharp and pixelated ground textures, especially at the airports are gone. Also I think they fixed the issue with the clicking trimming switch in the cockpits and the issues with the trim wheels. So far, my first flight was a very great experience and I enjoyed alot, thank you dear programmers!

Only thing I still need to laugh at is the fact, that ground AI does whatever it likes to do. I was landing my Airbus at EDDF and was happy with everything. I told my Wingman at discord ā€œHey look, they fixed the issue with cars and trucks at the taxi ways!ā€ 2 Seconds later: One fire department truck did a suicidal thing, the other crossed my taxiway right in full movement of the airbus LOL.

2 Likes

Performance is down for me and I now have stutters that I didnā€™t have before.

3 Likes

I have even more CTDs, unsurprisingly. I wish I could refund at least my deluxe package.

1 Like

I have lowish spec 3d card (P1000) on an otherwise decent laptop. Was getting 30-32fps previously at 1440 res but 26-28fps with same settings now. I now need to reduce my graphics res to achieve the same frame rate wich is annoying,

How they didnā€™t fix the nav lights for ivao / vatsim models, is beyond me, itā€™s a complete immersion killer,

I only fly on the vatsim network, and fly mostly in the evenings so have to resort to daylight times, so I can actually see traffic.

Not tried vr yet, hope they have sorted the AA out for that, I seriously think they should change the beta program, they either donā€™t listen to feedback in there, or the people participating are just like " I want to be on the latest version " as every update including beta participants there is serious Immersion breaking bugs.

Iā€™ll await sim update 7 and see what fruits that holds

3 Likes

Have you updated your world updates in your content manager, and rebooted the sim in your super excitement state? Do that!

Restart the sim and check your content manager for updates. Worked for me!!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing, not only visually, but there are tons of small fixes all around you canā€™t help but notice while flying. This is finally feeling like a finished product and not a beta.
Now, PMDG, bring the sauce!

4 Likes

Finally got a chance to download and fly just now. 2 consecutive CTDā€™s in 2 flights. Trying a 3rd approach now.

I probably had 1 CTD the entire time with 5.

Congrats MicroSobo, your 100% in my book.

1 Like

3/3ā€¦I give up. See yaā€™ll.

For me the sim seems a lot smoother now. No more stutters when panning around. Night lighting looking much much better.

However, controls still stop working when looking around with right mouse click held.
Aerodynamically, the vertical stab and thus rudder still lose effectivity with increasing airspeed which make crosswind landings and takeoffs very awkward and fundamentally wrong. And so there are numerous bugs still present after all these sim updates and hotfixes.

I cannot understand that such fundamental flaws are not being taken care of while they are present since launch of the sim almost 1,5 year ago. Priority seems to be with creating more new (bugged) content to attract new players (and generating quick cash) rather than create a solid base sim which will be beneficial in the long run.

Had a very pleasant glider flight over Lisbon of all places at sunset with clouds on ultra in VR using the AS 33.

Just climbed to 4,000ft using the electric motor pod and enjoyed the view along the harbour front as I soared along. Clouds and other details were lovely, very smooth flight with no stutters. Even got the mouse cursor to behave itself. In VR the contrast and colour seems to have improved and after a day of some frustrations with servers etc, it was a lovely experience.

2 Likes

Apart from TP condition lever issues, all seems great, for me! Thanks for mowing the lawns. :grinning:

Ok, not being one to give up (easily) I gave it one more go.

In a rare brief moment of clarity I thought to myself ā€˜what is different?ā€™

1. I had cleaned out and renamed my old Community folder.
  2. I had deleted my current install of FS2020.
  3. I had reinstalled FS2020 up to SU5 (Stone stock, no mods what-so-ever)
  4. I had not flown with the new install.
  5. I had (eventually) updated to SU6.
  6. I had jumped in and started flying with the stock C172 G1000.
  7. I had not been able to complete a flight without a CTD.

Again, what was different than before?

1. No mods - probably not the issue.
  2. SU6 - potentialy the issue but no way to go back to 5 and test.
  3. No mods means no G1000 Nxi mod - easy to test and simple to go back.

Sure enough that seems to have been the issue. Installed the WT G1000 and BAM, complete flight! Granted it was just one flight and I have to get ready for work, but hey, it give me something to trip on all day while at work :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So just an FYI to anyone having CTDā€™s, if you are using the stock Asobo G1000 you might try installing the WT G1000 and see if it does not clear it up.

Half temped to switched back to the stock 1000 to see if the CTDā€™s repeatā€¦good thing Iā€™m only half tempted.

Itā€™s definitely better looking and smoother for me. A little performance hit but itā€™s negligible. Night lighting looks amazing. No complaints from me. I do find it strange that the blue and green Seahawks themed Space Needle with a Microsoft flag at the top is somehow overriding the addon Space Needle. Pretty cool, though.

1 Like

The update didnā€™t do much. Which is both a blessing and a weakness. Didnā€™t improve many things but didnā€™t wreck too many things either.

At worst itā€™s a benign update.

1 Like