How do you skip the loading screens and gain 30-40 seconds on MSFS 2020?

Hi there, How do you guys skip the loading screens to decrease the loading time when you launch the Sim? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

I set it up a long time ago. I think if you download the SDK it explains how to do it. I have the Microsoft Market version and as much as I remember it’s a script you have to execute. But more details are the SDK. If I power up my fs machine later I might be able to provide more details.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the -fastlaunch command line parameter for a while.

I have this as a desktop shortcut.

The full Target is
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

1 Like

you mean this shortcut?

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App “-FastLaunch”

1 Like

I’m using from the MSFS SDK the fsdevmodelauncher.exe program.
I think the newer SDK installs by default on the C drive.
I tried the example from GoFasterS4 above and that might be the better solution as you don’t need the SDK.

Run notepad
Copy the command below and paste into notepad.

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

Click File > Save as > save as type: all files
File name:

MSFS_fast_launch.cmd

Click save

Save location > Desktop

Right click on MSFS_fast_launch.cmd and select run as administrator.

What about icon?

Go to
c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\

open file named Logo.png
save as > select .ico

msfs_fastlaunch.ico

After that go to desktop and right click on MSFS_fast_launch and select properties.
Click change icon.
Browse and select masfs_fastlaunch.ico
Click > open > ok > apply > ok.

Source
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/insane-load-times/435227/2

I tried the -fastlaunch (FSUIPC includes one), I could not see a time difference?

Is there a version of this that works for Steam version?

Shaved off about 20 seconds for me, but still about 2:20 to load.