How do you turn off mouse-over tooltips?

After several patches now still no solution for the absolutely annoying “mouse-over tooltips”?

Microsoft, is this toggle to implement rocket sience?
That we even have to ask about this ■■■■ eliminated from the very begining is a shame for MS.

Just for the fan boys, yes I have all notifications set to off!

I seem to recall someone has done a CSS hack for this.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ive-removed-the-tooltips-and-more-options/263325

I’ve not tried it. It might cause a massive black hole in the universe for all I know.

it works actually very well. no issues at all and effectively kills once and for all those annoying tooltips. What is a shame is that we have to rely on third party fixes to correct something that Asobo should have corrected a long time ago. This has been one of the most requested and reported bugs…

2 Likes

reprogramming the weather engine is one thing - that´s a mess, but it is a lot of work, i think!

But removing such disturbing Tooltips is (in my mind) only a question of minutes for a professional! Me (and many others) reported this weeks ago and several times. It is sad, that the 15GB (!) Patch mainly includes… NOTHING and not much useful stuff (expect the better performance)…

Thanks a lot. It works on my MS store version. No black hole detected so far. May be I’m in one already :wink:
MS should pay the different community authors who are providing fixes for even the simplest requests/bugs they
should have fixed themselfes far before selling this product. What a shame.

I have a slightly different thought on this. I think that’s why I like MSFS so much. It allows 3rd parties to do this type of thing. Other games developers wouldn’t .