How do you turn on Steam Gauge Caravan Instrument Panel Lights (not overhead cockpit lights)

I cannot seem to get the instrument panel lighting to work. The steam gauge caravan manual states Panel lighting is controlled by the dual concentric rheostats under the pilot’s side yoke. These rheostats also control cockpit lighting. The manual states Cockpit flood lighting is controlled by the dual concentric rheostats under the pilot’s side yoke provided by three overhead flood lights (pilot, co-pilot, and pedestal area) controlled via the outer concentric knobs in this area of the panel.

However, on my plane the overhead flood lights (cockpit flood lighting) turn on when rotating the inner knob. The outer knob does nothing. I am trying to use panel lighting (not cockpit flood lighting ) to light my instruments while night flying. The only lighting I can get is flood lighting and that happens when turning the inner knob rather than the outer knob as the manual states. Any thoughts.

Instruction from Manual below:

Cockpit Lighting
Cockpit flood lighting is controlled by the dual concentric rheostats under the pilot’s side yoke.
Three overhead flood lights (pilot, co-pilot, and pedestal area) are controlled via the outer
concentric knobs in this area of the panel. These floodlights are very bright, and should only be
used during pre/post flight operations, or during an emergency. An additional floodlight is
provided to illuminate the circuit breaker panel to the left of the pilot’s seat. This light is
controlled via an inner concentric knob, colocated with the pedestal floodlight dimmer.

Panel Lighting
Panel lighting is controlled by the dual concentric rheostats under the pilot’s side yoke. The
majority of panel lighting is provided through light posts placed on the panel, while some
instruments have integrated lighting. The zones of panel lighting are; pilot’s side panel,
co-pilot’s side panel, engine instruments, and radio backlighting. Care should be taken to
always use the minimum amount of panel lighting necessary to clearly read instrumentation to
retain crew night vision quality.

I know this is an old post but I came here because I cannot for the life of me get the engine instruments lighting to come on. I have rotated the knob in both directions with no results. Every other light comes on but not those. In night flights it is a pain because I can’t see them at all. Any suggestions? I have checked all the CBs and they are all on.