How does some of this stuff get through?

Ok i see where you might be understanding differently. Let me try to explain it better. The same controls that i use to turn on all lights in the cessna g1000, all work perfectly in the cessna. All on switches = on. In the new Husky, those same controls, on = off for the landing lights and cabin lights. And off = on for the landing lights and the Cabin light.

They didnā€™t try the knobs before they sold it to you. Simple as that.
The fix is switching 2 values around for the buttons and thatā€™s done within a minute or so.

2 Likes

Okay got it, I understood that it affects other aircraft the same way based on your A320 example.
My fault.

By the way, the intransparent handling of issues and the quality of Premium/Deluxe aircraft are the reason Iā€™m not buying the MS addons.

JustFlight (as one positive example) provides a stellar support with direct feedback, release notes and schedule for upcoming updates etc. This is what I need when spending money on an addon that likely has or will have issues upon release or later down the line.

MS/Asobo have shown to me how they treat their addon aircraft with the many issues on Premium/Deluxe and Iā€™m deciding with my wallet who I want to support and who I donā€™t.

1 Like

Iā€™m not critical of bugs in general. As a developer i especially understand when code can do some very very strange things. This is not that. This is input5on = off and input5off = on. when talking about something as simple yet central as lights switches in such a small aircraft, yes i do believe it shouldnā€™t go out like that. Especially not when they are charging for it.

they never fix then,because every update get more important new stuff to fix :worried:

2 Likes

They didnā€™t try the knobs before they sold it to you. Simple as that.
The fix is switching 2 values around for the buttons and thatā€™s done within a minute or so.

Exactly, and thatā€™s why i feel that itā€™s super careless and consequentially asked whatā€™s going on ms and asobo. Others are more than free to disagree. But they should know Iā€™m not here for a bug report, Iā€™m genuinely concerned about qa.

Unfortunately thatā€™s an issue with very low prio issues in the base sim, yep. At least until they get such a stable platform so that new updates donā€™t introduce new issues that canā€™t be fixed immediately during a beta.

But given the issues described here are limited to the addon, I agree that this should have a different focus since usually itā€™s other (sometimes partner-) developers implementing them and should have own quality control and delaying the release of this addon wouldnā€™t cause ramifications on the base sim schedule.

1 Like

Agree 100% also sorry about the confusion.

1 Like

These kind of things were already happening with the sim, but now itā€™s especially bad because this is a new product they are releasing and selling.

I really think it was because of the 27th deadline by Microsoft, Asobo was really in a hurry to make it so they basically skipped quality control for the last year. Either that or they are on a very tight budget. I hope itā€™s not the latter and they will improve from now on.

Currently iā€™m having all kinds of small annoying issues with different aircraft and camera views etc. And while trying to troubleshoot them i get CTDs which makes it even more frustrating. I just want to fly.

1 Like

Right, donā€™t get me started on it. I just think we are all super frustrated because, i guess i shouldnā€™t speak for everyone. But i know i love this game. Like for real, i truly do. It just hurts when we are dying a death of a thousand cuts with so many problems, problems affecting other problems. I think we all just want to know, are you guys having these problems bc you canā€™t figure them out, is it a time thing, or do you not care enough.

1 Like

Thereā€™s sadly some truth to that. They still havenā€™t sorted the push back helper having a mind of his own and going through the side of the aircraft and/or propeller before finally finding the spot where he should be to push back your aircraft. That very obvious and utterly immersion breaking bug has been there since day one of the sim and Asobo donā€™t seem to be in any hurry to fix it, not even for the Xbox release it seems.

2 Likes

After the absolute disaster that was the release of SU5 perhaps just sometimes they really ought to consider doing just that no?

Postponing updates and bringing your update schedule to a halt is not in fact unheard of or indeed uncommon.

Just shoving it out the door regardless because ā€œupdate scheduleā€ just screams low standards.

3 Likes

Or like this plane, which didnā€™t even have a release dateā€¦

Edit: i should be clear with the husky. Itā€™s great, itā€™s not like a super buggy plane in the least. Infact i havenā€™t found any other issues with it at allā€¦ Its justā€¦ Releasing it with basically 1 or 2 lights which function in reverse, like i know i would be embarrassed if i released my addon like that.

1 Like

One should look at other Developers like PMDG. They will delay a product a year or wait to do whatever it takes.
Quality control in action. Yes you will get complaints but it will be more of a hill than a mountain.

3 Likes

And their bugs from a devs standpoint tend to come from the sheer complication revolving the bug. Which is much more understandable at least.

I agree with critical issues (knowing that postponing the XBox release seems to have been no option for marketing reasons).
My comment was explicitly talking about minor issues where only a small fraction of players run into and are likely to work around them.

Not sure about that :smiley: My guess is that the CTDs were in fact not detected prior release or they knew theyā€™d bring a hotfix which was enough to not postpone it.
In terms of graphics degradation, I donā€™t think itā€™s critical enough to postpone the release, but other players might disagree. Iā€™m sure they are now collecting all the feedback to know which direction to head in terms of making graphics better again without sacrificing the performance improvements that even the higher end PCs benefit from.

1 Like

The OPā€™s point was valid. If they are missing things as simple as this or just throwing it out the door regardless what does that say of their attitude towards quality?

As for most people have a toggle for lighting.
I would imagine that most Xbox users are in fact likely to be using clickable cockpit features which probably results in quite a sizable user base interacting with aircraft this way.

I think the switches in the cockpit are fine. Itā€™s just if you have two separate buttons on your peripherals for on/off some are inverted.
I highly doubt that XBox users will have peripherals with so many buttons connected that they run into this issue more often than PC players.

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s what makes this problem hard to describe. Because clicking on the physical button would lead to the desired action happening. So if you click on the switch while it is down, and it goes up, then the light is on. The problem comes when you say assign taxi light ON to ā€œBā€ and OFF to ā€œAā€. With this issue when you press the ā€œBā€ button the light turns off or if you press ā€œAā€ the light turns on. They basically assigned whatever button is assigned to off as on. So no matter what you assign off to, it will act as on and vice versa.

Thatā€™s exactly right and why itā€™s hard to describe. Itā€™s mapped incorrectly to button assignments