How long does it take you to get MFS ready to fly?

Anywhere from 6 minutes to 30 minutes.

Thirty + is when I finally launch the flight and realized the audio or WMR is bugged out and have to reboot.

I have a low end PC. I5, 16gb RAM, 1060 card. SSD disks, MSFS installed on D drive. 5 to 10 addons active. Loading time to map screen 3:30 min, and an additional <3 min to the Ready to fly.
So I don’t think you need a new PC. I try to keep my PC “clean”, running regularly Ccleaner, managing my addons with Addon linker, following the updates. And even the frame rates, CPU and GPU usage are not bad.
Maybe I’m just luky?

MS2020 may be many things but boring is not one of them in my humble opinion. It is sometimes a challenge sometimes annoying sometimes normal and sometimes fantastic.

Totally agree loading time is 10% of the time to get ready to fly.

5 mins bottle to throttle :laughing:

1 Like

6:30 with 1390 items in Content Manager (around 220GB).
Between 1-2 minutes from Map to Fly depending on the plane and airport.

i7 - 32GB - GTX 1070 - 1TB SSD

Start to world map: Just under 5m. Load times doubled in SU9. :frowning: So much for faster as advertised. I think it’s honestly server-related as everything sits for a few min halfway through no. NO load on CPU / GPU and Storage is idle. The network is actively pinging MS servers for a few min… Might improve after a few weeks and people pack it up again.
Setup Controls: 3-4min (Don’t have a dedicated rig yet)
Setup mission: another 5-10m depending on what I want to do.

All in all 10 - 30m from “I want to fly” to cold-and dark.

2:36 with a handful of aircraft, liveries, POIs etc in the community folder

Having just upgraded a motherboard/CPU from I7-3770k to AMD 5950x, I can say for certainty that sim loading is not CPU bound.

Looking at compute resource usage in HWINnfo as the sim is loading from cold, I do not see much network traffic, CPU usage, etc. The GPU shows utilization because they made the loading screen a little GPU intensive.

But the most significant compute resource that is pegged to 100% during this time is the disk to where MSFS2020’s “packages” are installed. So I would venture a guess that the sim load time will be directly proportional to the read speed of the underlying storage.

Seems logical.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.