How long should I wait for a support response?

Hello. I’m curious. I submitted a Zendesk support request on May 13. Over the next 3-4 days I went through the ‘canned’ responses without help. I sent the last ‘MSInfo’ file on May 17. I haven’t heard back and the software still in non-functional? What are other simmers’ experience as to support response time?

Moved to Community-General Discussion for better visibility.

I think it depends on the request. If its something thats already been addressed on here for example, or is known and pending an update, you may be waiting for ever. Can you explain the issue and someone here may be able to help?

3 Likes

At the onset I couldn’t create a flight plan beyond selecting the departure airport, then evolv/ed to ‘hanging’ the program at the ‘FLY’ button, After three manual reinstalls and a software induced reinstall it’s to ‘This app can’t open. Check the Windows store for more info about Microsoft Flight Simulator. This latest problem occurred after trying to open MSFS as administrator, both from desktop icon and from the library. Following that the "This app can’t open’ appeared. Honestly my real question is how long should a support response take? It seems that seven days to review an error log is quite a lot.

I think it’s more a black hole bug reporting system than support. You shouldn’t expect any answer. Especially if it involves diagnosing specific issues on your PC.

I don’t know whether you’ve seen the checklist for your issue, but here it is.

Follow all the steps in order.
If you get through the list and still no luck, there are links at the end for further editions.
Again, follow them step by step and in order.

Keep in touch!

1 Like

I put in a ZenDesk Bug ticket the second week of the MSFS original release and still have not had a reply or a fix.
My request was to fix the interstate 10 bridges (Missing Spans) and other bridges in the Pensacola, Fl (KPNS) area.

At one time it was amusing to see the cars driving on the water to cross. It is no longer amusing.

Even the sim needs to be started up from a cold and dark state using procedures :white_check_mark: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I genuinely appreciate the response, but I went through each recommended step to arrive at this point. I’ve been around software, though not flight sim, 35 years, and I’m stumped. Thar’s why I sought developer help. I suppose I’ll wait a bit longer. Mostly I’m sad, as the software is so enticing when operational.

If you’d like to DM me your ticket number, I’ll be sure to give support a heads up about your issue!

1 Like

Jayne, thanks for your response. Surely a pleasant surprise. The request is number 158778, generated at 12:01 PM on May 13, 2022.

If helpful for you I can forward the 13-email chain the process has generated so far. The last communication from support was on May 17.

Again, my thanks.

David

Hi David,
It’s better to send a DM (direct message) rather than a public reply.

Click on Jayne’s avatar then click on “message”. :+1:t3:

Thanks for that information. I’ve sent that data in a DM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.