How often does the Xbox Marketplace update?

I’m willing to bet there will be something. But it’ll be only a couple things. Not like last week. But here’s to hoping we get something awesome like the A4 you are talking about. I’d love the T-45 Goshawk to come to Xbox.

You are kidding, right? The A4 has widely been reviewed as buggy garbage. The T45 looks nice - if there was a carrier to land on and I didn’t already have the MB-339 I’d probably jump on it.

I’d like to inflate my bank statement with the likes of the Seneca, CRJ, and DC-6 but I doubt we’ll see any of those… we’ll see if the JF arrows show up but I generally prefer multi-engine aircraft.

1 Like

Well exactly! Thats why I’m not sure how this sim is supposed to be pushing the xbox past its limits already. It does look great from the air, much like an oil painting, but when you get up close, man its ugly.
Series X hasn’t really started yet.

I find that the sim looks worse with any area that has a WU, London and Paris look horrible, like the buildings are rubble as they render in, when you remove WU it actually looks better but then you can’t fly the bush trips and landing challenges, which is a third of the fun. In non urban areas sometimes it looks super patchy as textures render in and out, like Austrian mountains etc, if they can’t fix it due xbox limitations, rather them just lower the visual quality or allow for us as users to lower visual quality so that it looks more consistent, and perhaps get some better performance.

I think this is more of a data streaming issue than a rendering issue. I would bet the youtubers with the gorgeous scenery pre-cache a bunch of data before recording.

Sometimes I am really impressed by the series S - the experience is just uneven. Because it is uneven I would assume that there is either a bottleneck in the data stream or I am in an area with poor source data quality.

1 Like

About the Just Flight Pipers for the Marketplace

4 Likes

As a Series X player, I’m really sick of some of the PC users here who seem to think they’re so much better. Over and over again I’ve seen the occasional user somehow turn all of the games problems as being Xboxes fault. Xbox is being used as a scapegoat I guess as it’s the new kid on the block. Having a Console in general to these people is seen as being plebian, lesser than, dirty etc. The format wars are still raging as strong as they ever have been but in much more sneakier and subtle ways.

We have almost the same issues currently and these losers can’t see that they’re almost certainly are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Maybe, just maybe if they, grew up and stopped throwing blame in all the wrong places, we can come together and see some good things coming our way.

15 Likes

You watch, A4 Skyhawk with fewer polygons than you can count on two hands and buggy sounds, cockpit and broken flight model incoming today…

This is was the guy wrote - i think he is form Just Flight.

Absolutely - thank you for the info, gave you a like - calling BS on Microsoft.

Sims are usually capped by CPU usage… not by graphics, there are an awful lot of physics calculation happening behind the scenes. And it will only increase if/when complex planes come to xbox.

Just judging the graphics, and how everything looks like doesn’t help to judge this type of game.

Series X: 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz with SMT according to wikipedia, which wouldn’t even be in the recommended specs for a game like DCS World: “CPU: Core i5+ at 4+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen” which has similar (if not slightly worse) graphics, yet the graphics card for the recommended setting for DCS is a GTX1080, which should be quite a bit worse than what we have in the XSX.

While it’s not an SNES, it’s not optimised for simulators. I wonder why…

If it had Ace Combat physics I’m sure it would look much better.

Not every game is optimised though. If you give a development team the scope to work with better specs they will comfortably do so. Why wouldn’t they? Cyberpunk is a prime example.

If someone had said a year or so ago that the xbox specs you posted would have to be used for MSFS you probably would have laughed, but they did it, its just takes time and refinement.

Yes the plane has physics but doesn’t most simulator games? Are the various cars in project cars no more reliant on physics to work than MSFS?

Updates (as in updates to the products in the marketplace) need to be going up immediately when they are available and not held back to a few a week.

That is a must if the marketplace is to survive.

2 Likes

Thats b/c for the same experience we’ve only paid 499$. My rear end would be sore also if I put $10,000 into a solid gaming computer.

2 Likes

I don’t know about Proejct Cars, but you can’t compare (at least graphically) PJ with MSFS. One is trying to draw 100s or 1000s of km² in real time, the other has a relatively small map.

I have no idea about the physics of Project Cars so I won’t comment too much, but I’d say intuitively MSFS would be heavier. Just like DCS would be even heavier (being military it needs to have all the weapons physics and logic as well)

“If someone had said a year or so ago that the xbox specs you posted would have to be used for MSFS you probably would have laughed, but they did it, its just takes time and refinement.”

It takes refinement and lowering of the overall graphics. Pretty much the entirety of the PC community complained about the graphics being worse after SU5 (Xbox release) and it’s not a coincidence.

Next-gen console offer more value for money, but that means they are obviously inferior to a high end PC (with a relatively ok price tag, not talking about 10.000s €) especially one built with simulators in mind.

I can confirm that Carenado Arrow has quite annoying number of bugs on Xbox. I can not fly with Carenado Arrow after WU6 :frowning:

There were bugs in EVERY default aircraft at launch (the WT g1000 update is fixing a few of them). Comparing what they have decided to allow on the marketplace and the JF arrows, arguably the best customer support when it comes to bug fixes, it’s insulting to Xbox users as consumers.

I have not found an aircraft that is bug free and anything other than hand flying VFR feels like I’m beta testing their software and finding work arounds to get the aircraft to perform properly.

Thats so odd though because I’m flying it myself. Have you tried reinstalling?

Exactly - the first few weeks post launch they could get away with it. But we’ve now had time to read and watch product reviews and we know what’s up. The rest of the Xbox community will wise up eventually as well.

Right now they (MS/Asobo) need to do everything in their power to work with the quality devs that want to be on the marketplace and get them there quickly (and if their product is on the marketplace, posting updates and patches in a timely manner, not weeks after release).

The sad part is I would love to spend serious cash on quality add ons (JF, Aerosoft, PDMG) and I’m sure I’m not the lone Xbox user who feels this way.

6 Likes

Yes I reinstalled whole MSFS.
Do you fly on Xbox Series X or S or PC?