How one creates haze to simulate reduced visibility (without turning the Sun into a supernova)?

Hi,

I was trying to create my own weather preset when I understood I don’t know this. The only control that seems to be creating a realistic haze at the horizon is the ‘Aerosol density’. The problem is that when I increase it to any number past about 2.0 the Sun just ignites the sky like a nuclear flash or something. You can see it in the screenshots. Is there a way around this? I fly without it, since this burning sky is unbearable, but it’s not very realistic, too, because in my region the visibility range is never that high due to smog in the air. I tried to disable Light Bloom, but it didn’t do anything.

So 1) how do you create a realistic haze to reduce visibility?
2) how do you avoid turning the sky into a nuclear cloud of burning cotton?

This IMO, is my biggest peeve with the sim. While I applaud the devs for making such remarkable progress on the sim compared to P3D and FSX, the fact that they overlooked creating any sort of haze is surprising. This is actually one of the most important parts of the sim, to simulate accurately the visibility. Fixing haze would also make these terrain blurries look way better. Can everyone who reads this upvote the post here and also the main post on this issue?
Ability to change Meteorological Visibility / RVR - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

Thanks, upvoted your thread.

1 Like

Hi @HB427112,
This isn’t a bug but more of feedback/wishlist request. I see you’ve already posted in the wishlist. :slight_smile:

Closing this topic as it’s not a bug. If you wish to discuss it, let me know I can move it to General Discussion.

1 Like