How seriously do you take your flight simming?

Would you ever:

A. Take a flight whilst under the influence of alcohol?

B. If coming in too high/fast just think ‘to heck with it’ and try and land anyway?

C. Disregard AI aircraft on the runway and either go over or around them?

1 Like

A: I dont drink

B: If I come super high, I slew a bit low and go back a bit =P

C: For sure disregard AI traffic anywhere in the sim, since its bugged. Waiting for AI traffic might not always yield positive results. I used to actually wait for AI traffic to arrive or depart in FS2004 as it worked.

Cheers,
Nick

1 Like

Serious enough to spend thousands of dollars on my rig and enhanced airports. All my hard hardware upgrades have been driven my MSFS updates.

4 Likes

It’s a game, so difficult to take seriously.

13 Likes

“ A. Take a flight whilst under the influence of alcohol?

B. If coming in too high/fast just think ‘to heck with it’ and try and land anyway?

C. Disregard AI aircraft on the runway and either go over or around them?”

All of the above…

It’s entertainment…I like to enjoy myself and I don’t harbour the illusion that I’m some kind of real pilot

14 Likes

C. Especially the “go around i say again go around acknowledge”

dont drink
depends on how far down the runway I am and how fast Im going
I bounce my landing gear off the window of the plane on the runway…

After 40 years it is still absorbing, entertaining and occasionally hard work. Wont be here for another 40, but… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A. That’s half the fun.

B. Depends how much spare time I have.

C. Don’t have AI aircraft on.

2 Likes
  1. Yup, it can be funny and also interesting to see the sloppiness and errors that occur after even one or two beers. Been flying in reality for thirty years and would never even consider it in real life but it’s neat to see in the sim.

2. Sometimes, as it is a game after all. Usually not though; spent too many years beating “go arounds good” into people’s heads.

3. I really dislike AI and MP traffic so it’s off, and probably wouldn’t do that to vatsim folks haha.

1 Like

A. Yes

B. Try to save, but go around if I can’t.

C. Depends on if I’m pushed for time or not. If ATC tells me to go around because a plane didn’t vacate on time, which happens often at big airports, then l go around.

Hi there,
Hope this might help you:

Would you ever:

Take a flight whilst under the influence of alcohol?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If coming in too high/fast just think ‘to heck with it’ and try and land anyway?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Disregard AI aircraft on the runway and either go over or around them?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I do not take it seriously and love to do my own thing now and then hehe. I will use it now and then to practice procedures for my PPL training .

1 Like

Depends … all of the above and none of the above.

Sometimes I’m in the mood to goof around, sometimes I do flights by the book. Sometime it’s a game, sometimes it’s a simulation.

That’s the beauty of it.

9 Likes

A. I very rarely drink anything with alcohol, but I would have no problem flying after a glass of champagne.

B. If I’m obviously too high/fast I go around. But in smaller aircraft I sometimes make unstable approaches and landings, as long as I can stop on the runway.

C. I disregard the AI aircraft on the runways / taxiways because they’re just glitchy. I made too many go arounds because of this, nowadays I don’t care.

It’s a hobby.
But having said that.

I don’t use AI aircraft I do all my flights on Vatsim (with the exception of experimental planes or things that would be a pain for the controllers)
I would never land if there is a plane in the runway.
I go around if the approach is unstable.
I try to fly “by the book”

Oh very seriously :+1:

15 Likes

I do not take flight seriously on flight simulator. I do not dress up in pilots uniform or everything. I wear comfortable clothes or clothes that I am wearing for everyday wear such as my clothes now which are a skirt, crop top and trainers with a bit of makeup. I do not drink alcohol on flights.

It is a awesome game to enjoy and not take serious.

I’m happy to sim while drunk (or drink while simming). It’s just for fun.

I still try to pilot the plane to the best of my abilities regardless, because that’s what I find fun about flightsimming.

(“The best of my abilities” being a relatively low threshold, anyway, even when sober.)

2 Likes

Drink? Yes, though I don’t drink often.
Go-around if high? Yes, if my intention was to do a normal approach and landing.

I ignore AI aircraft and I also do things in transport category aircraft that you’re not supposed to do, like low level handling displays.