How to create scenario, mission or tutorial

need info on creating scenario, mission or tutorial i looked at the install and in the SDK but can’t find any thing about making scenario

7 Likes

Yea having to figure this out myself as the documentation is still TODO :smiley:

1 Like

This one will get you started :slight_smile:

Not really as that is for aiports :wink:

1 Like

I tried figuring this out myself yesterday. Used the airport tutorial as inspiration (maybe it would get me going). I struggled and wasnt sure how to create even the simplest valid mission that would just even come on and say “hey pardner, welcome… now hit the throttle and reach 60 knots and you win”

if i can figure it out i will share

1 Like

I spent quite some time playing with this but didn’t make much headway. I’m super excited to make my own bush trips (and to try the ones made by others) since this has been my favourite part of the game so far. Hopefully, we get full documentation for this functionality soon.

3 Likes

Did anyone figure it out?

1 Like

Once the devs figure out how to write a tutorial, I’m sure they will let us know. :wink:

1 Like

Hi,
I’m trying to get into the Mission development. So far I was able to compile a mission that loads with a flight and says “Hello World”. Next task is to show a message on the screen as we can see at the basic tutorial flights. But I stuck.
The Mission SDK seems not to be stable yet and covering all available commands.
Anyone out there who wants to partner up with me to get into Mission Development.
Thank you Hendrik

2 Likes

Hi Canine,
I want to try to work this out and create missions for sure.

1 Like

I’m actually having trouble stopping it from crashing. I try to create a mission and it often crashes. When I do get far enough through it to create objects, actions, triggers etc then save it, it crashes if I try to load the mission again.

1 Like

I would try to create a basic simple mission first and see if it crashed from there.
Just create a simple one with two node

1. nodte: TimerTrigger that fires after 3 second
  2. nodte: Display node (don’t remember the exact name but should be in the action menu) with the message “Hello World” (it does not not show “Hello World” as described in older FSX manuals but says “Hello World”).
    See if you can compile that mission.
    Note: The mission also works without compiling it. You can just place the xml files into the flight directory and point the flight file to the xml mission file.
1 Like

Well, I’m having trouble getting started. Any chance you could do a quik vid of what you suggest above? Once I get started I’;'ll work it out.

1 Like

I posted detailed instruction here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/problem-building-package-missions/216535/6

1 Like

Mission editor is not working in MSFS2020. The SDK does not support it yet.

1 Like