How to download FS2020

@Yusuf013558, yes it’s going good. I’m in the simulator now and it’s doing the second download. While I was doing that, my Nvidia Experience popped up and said it has new drivers for MSFS2020!
I’m downloading the Nvidia driver now. :+1:

Im on the Westcoast, Socal, and my download has begun. So far going well!

How did you do it? Did you click on “Install/Play” or did you have a link in an email?

Go to the Microsoft store then go to download and update. Click on Msfs20 then follow the prompts

@Yusuf013558, I started out by going to the Microsoft Store. I was logged in. Searched for the Sim. It indicates that I own Premium Deluxe. I clicked the Install button and it started downloading.

Thanks for that. Thats what I did and it does not work - nothing happens when I click on install.
Any ideas on how to contact Microsoft to try and get the software or a refund? Their customer defence systems are formidable.

Zendesk is probably the route you should take. There should be a link in the forum.

The second download (inside the Sim) locked up! The Nvidia driver install may have freaked it out. I used task manager and killed it. Rebooted and am now back in the Sim doing the second download. Got my fingers crossed.

1. If you were an alpha/beta tester, uninstall the old version
  2. Go to the Windows store
  3. In the upper right corner, click on the 3-dot icon.
  4. Select My Library
  5. Look for the MSFS Digital Ownership item and click it.
  6. On the MSFS Digital Ownership page, click Install.
  7. Either scroll down this page or go back to your library to find MSFS (the standard edition, NOT any of the others you might have). Click on this to bring up its page.
  8. Install this on the store page. This just installs the launcher (about 900 megs).
  9. When this download is complete, you will be prompted to launch the game. Do so.
  10. You’ll get to choose some UI options and then the game will check for updates, and find a big one of about 96.1 gigs. Select a folder for this and hit the UPDATE button to start the download.
  11. When the download completes, you will be at the main menu page of the actual game.
  12. Find the Content Manager page of the menu and use it to install the extra content packs if you purchased them.

Yes never download and install Nvidia or anything for that matter as you download large files

Uh huh. Note to self :laughing:

1 Like

Im downloading now and its 2147 here

I preordered from the MS Store the Deluxe Premium also & was able to hit the install when I bought it yesterday. It did a short install & displayed the word PLAY. When I tried to click that it said I was too early & showed 9pm Arizona time (-7 GMT). At 9pm tonight I hit play & it start up like normal with the screens, but when it came to the one with the airplane & the blue bar, the blue bar stopped about 1/6 of the way. It’s just been playing music & sitting her so assume it’s installing something - flight sim task is taking about 17% of my cpu but bar has not moved for 45 min. Wish I know if it was hung or moving. I don’t see the data on my drive increasing or data usage from my internet provide going up, so must not be download GB’s of info now???

Thanks very much for trying. I found this advice under Zendesk however there is no 3 dots icon although there is a dropdown for “My Account”. There is no “My Library” under this. Have tried sending a request through Zendesk but not useful. It is looking like there is no way to get support from Microsoft since I understand this forum is not Microsoft people.

Mine is doing that as well, most likely due to the entire US downloading at the moment overwhelming the servers

@crazymaherm, my network meter is showing a strong 370 Mbps down. Maybe I’m draining everyone’s bandwidth :wink: I’ve got about 28 GB left.

1 Like

Gosh dang it, release the bandwidth already, its slowing us downnnn lol

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: say Please :joy:

My download is finished! Hope everyone’s bandwidth improves. See y’all in the sky!

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Finally!! :grin: have fun

1 Like