How to edit airport in draw debug mode?

I have opened the Asobo default airport in dev mode and would like to make some changes on taxiways, lighting and apron positions. I can view all this default installations in draw debug mode but how can I easily start to modify i.e. change apon positions and delete for instance taxways not in use anymore? Appreciate any help
Akki

Hey,

I moved your topic to #sdk-discussion:airports

The “Default Aircraft” category is for discussing base MSFS aircraft: tips and tricks, airplane functionality, cockpits, and more.

To get started with the SDK, I recommend visiting this website.

You can’t modify a default airport. You have to make a new one with the same ICAO code. There you can take away elements, like runway’s, taxiway’s frequencies, parkingplaces, buildings…
Then you can build up your airport again with elements you want.

That is how to do it! I did it for CYGK (Kingston, Ontario, Canada) as I could not just remove elements from the default MSFS airport. I ended up rebuilding it, when I had started just to remove the erroneous taxi lighting and aprons and lengthen one runway by 1000 feet. Still debugging a few things but it is on Flightsim.to.

It is tedious but corrects a lot of problems that may not get updated by MSFS team for years.

I highly recommend checking out Airport Design Editor. It allows you to make a package out of an existing airport which makes things a lot easier as you can start with what’s already there, and delete what you don’t want, rather than have to rebuild everything.

The latest version will be at the top of the forum. You can edit the airport in either ADE itself, or, do what I do, create the package of the airport I want to edit, then edit in the default Scenery Editor in the sim.

3 Likes