How to fix the "spinning world" issue, Series X

Arghhhhh! :rage: Apologies in advance for the longgggg post…

I can’t get past this dreaded “spinning world” issue! I can use the mouse to go in and set a departure airport, set an arrival airport, but ANY movement of the mouse after that make things zoom back out and sets the globe spinning. If I use the mouse’s roller cursor to try and zoom in, world-wide earthquake action…things just shake but no zoom in. Makes it impossible to “add” legs on a point-to-point trip. I can use the controller to do the same thing but the minute I move the cursor, things “spin out”.

Using all V1 peripherals (yoke/TQ, rudders and a separate Flightstick). Those are plugged in directly to the console with appropriate 3.0 cables. WIreless mouse with dongle plugged into a 7-port powered USB 3.0 hub. (This is on a Series X with a Seagate card installed, so storage space isn’t an issue).

When I plug the mouse dongle in, it will show a keyboard in the Controls screen as well. However, I’m not getting any input from any keyboard I have. Mouse is active and makes inputs. (Removing the dongle makes both the mouse and keyboard entries disappear).

Switched to a wired keyboard (to USB hub), THAT gives me keyboard input. When I bring the world up, it shows all keyboard control suggestions at the bottom of the screen. Still get the spinning world…

So far: cleared the MSFS game cache. Uninstalled MSFS and ALL my downloaded content. (I had almost a half TB on there). Did a hard reboot on the console. Redownloaded and installed MSFS but did NOT installed any content (22 separate chunks, mostly World Updates).

Booted everything up after install, things loaded fine. Went to Controls page and set everything (keyboard, mouse, controller and V1F yoke) to “default”. Still get the (dreaded) spinning world…

Any ideas here, folks? Is this a (known) SU12 “bug” or what have I missed here? Is there a way to make the mouse the default controller “in the World” instead of the keyboard that shows now? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I also use the Z1 Flightstick. I don’t have a problem on the World map but I get a similar behaviour sometimes when I first enter the cockpit. View goes down to the left and starts rotating. It continues rotating until I nudge the right thumbtack that’s assigned to Cockpit Look Up/Down/Right/Left. Same thing happens if I use a keyboard to enter G1000 waypoints. As soon as I hit enter the view rotates.

1 Like

I don’t have an x-box but this sounds like a stuck controller. Here’s what I’d do: unplug all but the keyboard and set it to default. If a problem there, you can probably need a new keyboard. If none, plug the controllers one at a time with default settings until the problem is revealed. Hope this helps.

I can verify this. I have an Xbox Series X and a VelocityOne Flight. Occasionally, and usually after the game has been running for about an hour, the controls become a bit…“funny” (I’ll elaborate this in a separate thread). As for the spinning world, I find it caused by the VelocityOne, and the workaround is to press the Xbox button, etiher on the V1 or an Xbox controller. Give it a try and let me know how you go.

I have the exact same problem but I have the Thrustmaster TCA yoke Boeing. Sometimes when I enter to the cockpit the screen starts rotating. Pressing the hat on the left assigned to cockpit view stops the crazy rotation.

yes me too with TCA Boeing Yoke on XBOX. View spins around when entering cockpit after changing some controller options.

I have exactly the same issue as described. All recent from 3 days ago.
Xbox x series and VF one. Strange is that it “seem” to work for one hour after initial installation. Re- install did not solve avything. Hoping for a solution soon.

I have the spinning Globe thing too, using V1 Yoke and Throttle on Xbox series X. Its clearly a glitch.

Ive had the spinning world periodically too, I just pick any airport from departure drop down menu, select fly, let it load up so your on the runway, then just return to main menu go back to world and its back to normal. I have Series X, V1, rudder, K/B and mouse on a dongle. Hope this helps someone else!

I’m discussing this in the Velocity One Discord currently. I have Velocity One Flight and Velocity Flightstick. TB thinks it’s Asobo prob, Asobo will say it’s TB. This really needs to get fixed for Xbox users. It’s neutering my current setup.

1 Like

The spinning world can be stopped if you move the hat control on the Velocity one, still shouldn’t happen though. Oh and it happens on Series S and Series X.

1 Like

I discovered this by accident, just moving the yoke slightly stops the world spinning.

I can’t believe this hasn’t been addressed yet. Absolutely game breaking. Both when using velocity controller or when using keyboard. The latter will throw you into an unrecoverable dive. Good luck using the New EFB in the just flight Piper Arrow.

It seems the problem occurs when using the “keyboard” input. I have it when:

• I manualy change the weight. by entering the numbers and then hit enter.
  • when is use my keyboard to input to the G1000
  • when in world and then go to change a key binding for keyboard and then go back in game.

It always happens when I press enter in the keyboard section of Xbox.

1 Like

Hi. I had the very same issue with xbox series s and Velocity1 yoke. It’s because the V1 doubles as a controler. Go into settings, then sensitivity for the controler (not the Velocity1) and set all dead zones to 13% (or there abouts). This should fix it. Let me know if this works as Iv’e litteraly just done it on mine and it seems ok. UPDATE. It worked for a while, then did’nt, back to square 1:-(

1 Like

Yeh, me to. Didn’t work. It only worked when I first insert the Flightstick. Then after 2 or 3 flights it started to happen. That’s when i changed some key bindings. But when I go back to default control settings it keeps happening. Very strange…