How to load a SimBrief flight plan with NAT waypoints

When I create a flight plan with SimBrief that will be using the NAT tracks, it computes perfectly in SimBrief but when loading the flightplan into MSFS World Map, it deletes the coordinated waypoints and has me go from the last lettered waypoint, to the north pole, then back down to the next lettered waypoint.

For example, the flight from LEBL to KATL has the following route: VES PASAS 46N020W 49N030W 51N040W 51N050W ALLRY N360A TOPPS ENE BAF Q448 PTW J48 MOL FLASK but World Map takes away 46N020W 49N030W 51N040W 51N050W and has me go PASAS - North Pole - ALLRY. I have attached a screenshot of the world map so you ca see what I am seeing here: Screenshot by Lightshot
As you can see, on the waypoints list, it has removed the NAT coordinates waypoints, marked them as “unknown” in the Nav Log, and has the route going over the NP and back down. If I try to manually input the waypoints from this, it still has the north pole selected and I cannot delete that. Clearing the entire route and manually imputing each waypoint does work but this is time consuming on long routes with lots of waypoints. I also had to update the map with the current AIRAC cycle from Navigraph so the waypoints for the NATs would be found in the World Map when manually imputing them in.

My only workaround for this has been to use the SimBrief webpage to generate the route, and then change the waypoints form the format of “46N020W” to 4620N as it should be and then once saved MSFS will load it correctly. Is there not an easier way to do this?

1 Like

Same problem with VRP’s.

Are you using Navigraph data vs. stock sim data?

Nav Data is installed in the sim, if that is what you’re asking.

Are you using Navigraph NavData which is an add on, or stock sim NavData which is Navblue? I’m asking because there’s currently a known problem where flight plans with custom waypoints and Navigraph installed result in plan legs ping-ponging back and forth to the poles. The North Atlantic Tracks may be portrayed as custom waypoints when exported to a .PLN file for import into the sim.

@CasualClick Navigraph data. And it is not “custom” waypoints, these are the published AIRAC waypoints for Northern Atlantic Tracks (NAT). The waypoints exist in MSFS both with default and Navigraph, but I have to edit them to the correct format for them to read properly when importing the plan into MSFS from SimBrief.

Well, I’d raise this over in Navigraph as well and see what Richard thinks. He’s really good at narrowing down root cause. Notably, an update was issued to address the custom WP ping pong to the poles. So perhaps something can also be done for this.

I also wonder what happens if you try this using Litte Nav Map and export into the sim.