How to move to a new SSD

Bought a new SSD to put the game on. Moved the steam library ok, but most of the game seems to be a windows app. Existing advice is to go to settings/apps and change the location…but I only have the options of “modify” (greyed out so I cant press it), and uninstall. Anyone have any tips to move the game that doesnt involve needing to spend another 2 days downloading?

it’s in the FAQ.

To move an app to a different drive:

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings .

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features .

3. Click on the app that you want to move, and select Move .

4. Select the destination drive.

In addition to above FAQ, if you want to move the game to a different PC, I successfully installed the game via Steam across multiple PCs through the following:

I downloaded the game in full on one PC.

Thereafter I installed the Steam files (approx 1Gb) and then commenced the large packages download on 2 other gaming PCs, and then stopped the packages downloads soon after they successfully started.

I then copied the Packages folder (with approx 100Gb) and the steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator folder from the 1st PC to the other 2 gaming PCs. The game work fine on all PCs.

This allowed me to install MS Flight Simulator 2020 on 3 PCs in just over the time it took to install on just 1 PC.

I dont have the option to move. Just “modify” (greyed out) and “uninstall”. Edit: Also, which FAQ do you mean, and where would I find it?

Can you PM me the link to that please.