How to remove Tower Beacon?

Hello. Tried everything. Polygon, Rectangle.
Ticked everything on the Airport settings. Dont know what else to do.

Try using an exclusion rectangle. You’ll need to reload the project before seeing anything change though.

Already tried that. But didn’t work.

Did you ever get this figured out? I’m trying to remove one from a local airport that was placed directly in the middle of a taxiway :man_facepalming:

I’m trying to do the same thing with no luck:(

I finally got the SDK to remove the tower last night! I THINK the solution is to open the scenery’s XML file, find the ExclusionRectangle, and change it from a self-closing element to a normal element. That means it’ll look like this:

<ExclusionRectangle settings="goHere"/>

Change the /> at the end to just > and add a closing statement so it looks like this:

<ExclusionRectangle settings="goHere"></ExclusionRectangle>

I’m not positive that was the actual solution; I was trying everything I could think of… but that’s what i had when it worked and what I’ve been maintaining since. Every time I save the scenery it resets to the self-closing tag so I go back in and change it, then click the “Load Scenery” button again to refresh it in the editor, then build the package.

Thanks for the info… I’ll try that:)

Hi
I have been trying to do that as well but this is the line from the entry for the exclusion triangle, it doesn’t have the goHere

<ExclusionRectangle latitudeMinimum="54.58189813059359" latitudeMaximum="54.58222024125837" longitudeMinimum="-5.69353365114489" longitudeMaximum="-5.69298156823228" excludeAllObjects="TRUE"/>

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards

Charles

Hey. The settings="goHere" was just a placeholder for all the key="value" properties on the element. Try replacing that with this:

<ExclusionRectangle latitudeMinimum="54.58189813059359" latitudeMaximum="54.58222024125837" longitudeMinimum="-5.69353365114489" longitudeMaximum="-5.69298156823228" excludeAllObjects="TRUE"></ExclusionRectangle>

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply I will try that tomorrow

Regards

Charles

1 Like

If all else fails try letting the copilot land the 320 there and he will get rid of the tower for you :joy::joy: