[HOW-TO] Skip intro videos and logos for both Steam and MS Store version

Steam version:

• Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  • Under the General tab click the Set launch options… button. Enter the following : ‘-FastLaunch’ (without the quotes)
  • Close the game’s Properties window and launch the game.

Another option is to download the SDK, and to execute fsdevmodelauncher.exe (inside Tools/bin) each time you want to run the game.

MS Store version :

Create a new desktop shortcut containing the following command:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch
69 Likes

Thank you! This is great. Also wish there was a way to auto ‘Press any key’ to start the loading of the game. Not sure why they added that delay instead letting the game load faster.

2 Likes

Thanks for this!

1 Like

Great find! Start to PRESS ANY KEY went from 1 minute and 19 seconds to 50 seconds! Nice!

Geat stuff! Even with this hack the time to reach the main menu is too high for my likings, 38 seconds to get to Press any key and 125 seconds to get to the main menu.
This is with using fsdevmodelauncher.exe from the SDK

Please somebody find a way to replicate this with the MS Store edition. The startup times are so frustratingly long :frowning:

8 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

much appreciated, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Use the fsdevmodelauncher from the SDK works with MS store version

10 Likes

Doesn’t work for me, Full admin rights, target windows is grayed out (locked), cannot be edited.

Really ticks me off that Ms hid the exe anyways, I have flight control software that uses exe’s to launch my saved profiles, NO exe, profile has to be opened manually.