How to use other modelLibs?

Hi all,

I’m working on some scenery projects, and downloaded one of the packs from flightsim.to that the author said can be freely used.

Pier Models - Blender/MSFS • Flight Simulator 2020

In one of the comments, he says place the folders in my project’s PackageSources\ModelLib folder, then edit the xml file to add that library as a source, which I have done.

I see the pier-modellib “ArtProj” type in my Project Editor now, but I can’t seem to figure out how to add any of the models in this library to my scene.

When I search the Objects, none of them are coming up.

I can’t find any information on how to do this…any help?

Also, how can I import files from other projects from say, Dave or Mike asset packs which are a built project / BGL file.

Idk about your first project but I do know if you take objects from Dave’s packs and mikeaat packs without permission it’s illegal. That’s not how they are meant to be used

Incorrect. The libraries were literally made to be used. They say so right in their description.

Anyway, the objects started showing up randomly so nevermind I guess.

Except for the Piers one…don’t know how to get that working.

You can ask the creators as I have, they are not meant to be used that way. They are supposed to be installed by you, and used then the people using your scenery are to download them as dependencies

It literally says

Blender-file is included for easy modification.

Feel free to modify and use at own discretion.

Right there the author has given you rights to use it.

No ■■■■ but you can’t go In and literally steal the actual models, your meant to download them and use them as a required download for the mike and Dave packs

I am talking about the Piers project, not the asset pack.

If dave and mike wont allow people to use the asset pack to place objects, then what is the point?

omfg nobody here can understand simple things. 1. the pier models say you can use the models therefor; use them, the dave and mike packs are meant to be installed separately and not packed into ur own projects

Yeah I’m not saying I want to pack the files into my own project.

Anyway, I’ll try to contact the author of the piers pack because I don’t understand why I am not seeing the models to use…

I don’t know why he wouldn’t just submit it as a package like the other authors.