How's the G1000 now in the 172?

How’s the G1000 now in the 172?

Best used with the Working Title mod.

1 Like

I think most people use the GTN-750 today.

No they don’t

1 Like

I prefer stock. The WT latest package still doesn’t have a working OBS mode when using GPS nav.

Yeah, to be quite honest I don’t know the status of the WT G1000 right now as when it comes to Cessna’s in MSFS I fly the 152 with the mod 98% of the time. I just know that that G1000 is loads better than what is offered stock and at some point WT are going to implement it as stock.

1 Like

Yep - lot’s of extras when it comes to engine readouts and other systems, but the OBS still outweighs all in my view. Even if I’m not actively navigating by the GPS, having the ability to turn the magenta line parallel with the runway when vectoring for final gives one more visual cue that gets me lined up is always helpful.

I found the problem in the last workingtitle-g1000-v0.4.0 after last SU5.
The knob on the right MFD changing the map range is INOP .
When I delete g1000 mod the knob works again.

Ditto on that

Folks - the Working Title Mod is simply the Asobo current G1000 with working engine data pages. Otherwise there is no functional difference.

Are you referencing the NXi in the market place? I and the poster above are speaking of the WT (non NXI) mod. Just stating that the latest version they released after SU5 has an issue with the range knob.

SU5 has the Asobo G1000 as stock.

Working Title released a WT G1000 0.4.0 which is essentially Asobo G1000 but with working engine data pages, for convenience and stability options vice NXi.

And NXi, now 0.2.0 (2nd week release) in Marketplace - I personally recommend the latter as it’s a lot better flight planning (i.e., able to do proper procedure legs) than either stock or 0.4.0.

I tried the NXi, but switched back to default G1000 because I am valley flying in the alps and need user entered waypoints. (coming feature in NXi). I tried loading the Working Title 4.0 to get the engine pages. (installed correctly in the Community folder. I get the button, but when I press it, nothing changes and I don’t get the page for leaning.

Also, when I load WT4.0, like others have reported, My MFD Range knob does not work (does not highlight blue, and does not rotate. )

Any help on either of these issues is appreciated.

Change back to Legacy Controls from the new Lock system and that knob should work.

WT will likely have an update to the NXi within the next day or so, as they’re striving for weekly releases. They may have fixed the range issue.

I haven’t encountered it, but I interact with my G1000 knobs via Air Manager and a Knobster vs a mouse.

Does working title have track up instead of insisting on north up like asobo? That would be a game changer.

Only in the G1000 NXi, available on the Marketplace. Neither the stock G1000 nor Working Title’s G1000 0.4.1 (which is essentially stock + engine data pages) have it. You can only have one or the other installed at any time.

1 Like

Track up is a big deal.

:: runs off to download immediately ::

Ok, I tried some things mentioned to get the range knob to work. With Working title 4.0 loaded, the range know is not working. I tried setting the interface from “Lock” to “Legacy” and that did not work.
The other symptoms are, 1) the engine pages are not there, and 2) there is no heads up (track up) mode.

I unloaded ALL mods from community folder and tried on a default Cessna 172 G1000 Livery. Same problems. Any ideas? I really need this to work so I can use “User Entered Waypoints” for valley flying. I sure hope they incorporate User entered Points in the next NXi update, Until then… I need to find a way to make 4.0 work…

I see WT updated to 0.4.1 grabbing that to see if it helps.