HP Reverb G2 Arriving

Im getting awful frame rates in both DCS and MSFS2020. Thinking about just going back to my Rift and sending this thing back already. I dont think the upgrade is worth the price. I’ll keep chipping away at it anyway for now.

C’mon you know this would happen even said it in your post. This post is not for you, its for the others reading this…

So you’ve got a Rift S or an OQ2 and you’ve seen a few posts that say WOW, Amazing, Unbelievable, “The best yet!!!”, Awesome etc etc etc. You’ve also seen the posts that say Its rubbish, the sweet spot is 2 microns wide, Cant tune CTD, 2FPS, “Returned after looking at it”.

Ignore them all. Focus on the ones that say meh yeah its better but only after 2-3 weeks of work tuning and only like 5% but yeah I’ll stick with it now. Can’t use it for anything but sitting down (lack of support, poor tracking) but thats ok cause I still have my OQ2 or Rift S for all other games.

So if your a youtuber or you’ve got money to spend then got for it.

OP welcome to the world of VR where every 1% gain is heralded as the new Nirvana.

3 Likes

What I have now is more respect for the Rift S. The resolution seems to be much better and the frame rates certainly are. It’s easier to use, less cords, easier interface with my system. Thinking abut trying the Quest 2 now. Maybe Ill just start collecting headsets. heh

The Rift S is a very good all round headset with great games support. Oculus do know a thing or two about VR :slight_smile:

I think the other misleading or confusion that is prevalent here is the difference between someone like yourself who has experienced VR and someone new to VR who happens to go for the G2 as their first headset. The overwhelming response is Wow just Wow!! But that’s not the G2, it’s VR. If you can stand it VR is about the best experience you can have bar the real thing, be it Flying, Driving, sword fighting etc etc it’s simply mind blowing. So you can’t blame the New to VR users for expressing themselves - we’ve all done it.

3 Likes

I just want to return this thing to Microsoft now. It looks like their website made it about impossible to even contact anyone concerning this and I am sure it will be a major hassle with them returning it. I would sell it for $500 today to any willing buyer, you pay shipping. It’s two days old. I just paid $600 for it. If not, Ill just keep the thing. I probably wont be using it, because the frame rates are dreadful for me.

Hi ExpiredSpy56910

I have had all manner of VR since the DK1 back in 2013. Recently had a Rift S and since before Xmas a G2.

The G2 is 2.5x the resolution of the Rift S so is more demanding, but with patience is by far much better than the Rift S all round once you understand WMR, OpenXR and correct fitment of the G2.

Recently I gave my G2 to a freind so he could enjoy VR with MSFS and sold my Rift S as I had an order placed for another G2… but disaster struck and the shipping date for the G2 turned to August. I could not fly outside of VR and enjoy it, so I purchased another Rift S… it’s horrible… luckily I have sourced a G2 in Germany from the River site and it arrives tomorrow, so my Rift S clunky software poor resolution days are at an end!

Long live the G2 and the Onmnicept should be even better for those with non standard IPDs like me (71.5mm) … but I still prefer the G2 with VRCover interface over Rift S

3 Likes

What’s a VR cover interface? Is it an add on for the G2? Thanks :blush:

VR Cover is a replacement face mask/facial interface (the magnetic plactic bit) with a PU Leather padding. Washable, wipeable and comfy and sets you a few mm closer to the lenses.

1 Like

If you are in Europe and still have the original packaging, I would be interested. Of course I’d like to see some photos and also the receipt so I can rely on the warranty/guarantee. Thanks!

Aaaand today it has arrived.

I will need some time but with the 30mins experience of flying over beautiful city Istanbul, I can say that it is GORGEOUS!

I think main issue is handling the expectations. I am very happy for now and I’m sure I will continue to be:)

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.