HP Reverb G2, cockpit shaking since installing windows 11

Just popping into the thread to confirm that the disabling of HAGS fix appears to have worked for me. Just completed a completely smooth 30-minute-ish flight – no nauseating jitter/shaking. Before disabling HAGS the flight would be smooth for about 15-20 minutes, then out of nowhere the jitter/shaking. Definitely a show-stopper. I didn’t buy this rig to make myself ill. :wink:

My particulars:

Cessna 152
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 21H2 19044.1387
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics - 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - GeForce Game Ready Driver 496.76
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro HOTAS
MSFS GOTY Edition

Fully updated to-the-minute via Windows Update and Microsoft Store.

I’ll briefly join the whine chorus – I lost a lot of flight time over the past 3 days trouble-shooting this. I mean, I like “new” and all, but please don’t break stuff. It seems MSFS GOTY Edition broke a lot of stuff. Here’s a small list of my complaints (all VR-related – my preferred method for the flight experience):

1. In cockpit view none of the controls/buttons on the Logitech work. Can’t release the brake. Can’t throttle up. Quite by accident I discovered that if I went to the outside-the-plane camera view, guess what? The controls/buttons work. That’s how I was able to take off and have my test flight today. It’s, like, are you kiddin’ me? This is basic functionality, and it’s broken.

2. Similar to #1 above, in cockpit view use of the mouse is hit and miss, and mostly miss. An example – the stinkin’ “Objectives” box is right in the middle of the windshield. I hate that. So I tried what I always do, use the mouse to move the “Objectives” box to a less obtrusive location. Move the cursor over the title bar, it changes to the normal 4-way cursor, then . . . nothing. You cannot move the box. You cannot close the box. You can do nothing with the box. It just keeps sitting there obstructing your view.

3. Similar to #2 above, if you switch to outside-the-plane camera view, then switch back to cockpit view, there is no mouse cursor to be found and no amount of banging on the trackpad or clicking left or right buttons will produce it. Again, basic functionality. And it’s broken.

4. Similar to #'s 1, 2 and 3 above (and I have read about others having this issue), the rudder control while on the ground taxiing is totally non-functional. No steering whatsoever. Yeah, that detracts from the reality of things.

5. So I actually own/bought the Premium Deluxe Edition when I bought the software earlier this year through the Microsoft Store. Through the Xbox software I used to be able to pick either “Standard” or “Premium Deluxe” editions to play, because apparently you get “Standard” when you buy “Premium Deluxe”. Then along comes the Game of the Year Edition. Sure, I’ll take that. Except now “Premium Deluxe” is nowhere to be found. Xbox no longer displays it. Sure, I can take that up with the Microsoft Store, and will, but, like, really?

OK, OK, enough whining for now. I’m open to suggestions on fixing any of the above. But, of course, they should not require fixing. They should just work. Period. And many of them DID work. Now they don’t. Aggravating.

1 Like