HP Reverb G2, cockpit shaking since installing windows 11

+1 on this issue. Spent many hours with i7 9900K/1080 Ti/Win10/Reverb g2. Very playable. Then emptied the wallet on i9 10900K/3090/Win11/Reverb G2 and… great FPS, unplayable micro shakes.

1 Like

Same problem here. Just move your head in VR the siltiest bit in the cockpit and you get what looks like the image is trembling. I can hold my head perfectly still and my heart beat will move the image in the headset. This make reading gauges a pain in the butt.

Now some peoples posts i have read complain about side to side problems But my problem is more up and down. It just seems the headset y-axis is just too Sensitive to any head movement.

Also this all started with Windows 11 upgrade. All my drivers and aps are upgraded for the new OS

10900k - 5.3 on 8 cores
6900 xt - stock clocks
32 GB 3866
Full custom loop cooling
Reverb G2

2 Likes

Rolled back to Windows 10. No other changes. Night and day difference and back to “normal”.

By rolling back do you mean doing a format and reinstall of Windows 10? Doesn’t look like system restore set a restore point before I did the 11 upgrade.

I wonder what is the benefit of being the Win 11 early adopter? Let the others beta test it, before it matures.

Same for me too. Cockpit shake after installing windows 11. Tried changing all kind of settings without result. Now, after 10 days, I can not rollback and have to clean install Windows 10? Hope they will fix this in upcoming releases

After getting a new PC, installing steam, doing updates, trying MSFS, etc, I was presented the option to upgrade to Windows 11. Thought why not, what could go wrong. The resulting VR head-postion shaking was instant and affected not only MSFS, but some other SteamVR games as well. Did some searching and ended up here.

Because everything was so fresh, I used the restore point to go back to Windows 10. I “lost” everything I installed after upgrading, but VR was playable.

1 Like

https://www.somagnews.com/windows-11-update-bugs-mixed-reality-devices/

Have extra new eyeglass lenses for my G2 ordered and now i can´t fly. Withdrawal symptoms slowly set in.

2 Likes

Not on my end, not even a 50 rendering scale (yuk) will stop the shacking.

Cockpit shacking still alive, with last WMR update and SU7. Any solution out there?

I’m not sure this is only Windows 11. I have the same issue where I can see my heartbeat move the camera in Windows 10. Is there a way to fix it in Windows 10?

Me too. This error just occurs after SU7 update. I played for an hour without incident till a massive shaking began in the middle flight. So dizzy. Strangely, everything appears to be normal on the main menu, but it only happens while flying.

2 Likes

I’m getting this head wobble in the cockpit suddenly after SU7, it makes the sim unplayable. Windows 10, 3080ti, Reverb G2.

1 Like

HP Reverb 1 Pro does the same thing. VR unusable because of it.

Same issue since sim update 7!
Win 10 / G2 / 3080
Latest openxr + nvidia driver

It’s working fine for few minutes and then ultra sensitive + motion sickness…

Especially the nameplates and navigation lights from other aircraft.

I tried with both openxr wmr runtime and openxr steamvr runtime, same… :confused:

AMD 3600X
G2
Win 10

Same for me. Except everything works fine for 10-15 minutes and suddenly the scenery view starts wobbling as if the scenery camera is shaking. Any dialog box I open is rock solid and does not wobble.

It’s definitely the sim because a) the menus don’t wobble (if I press ESC, the dialog box is stable but I can see the cockpit and scenery shaking in the background). If I quit out of VR, the windows house is stable. If I go back in, it’s still wobbling. The only way I found to stop it is to quit the game.

It happened twice. I was not doing anything special when it started. When it started, it started right away, not progressively. It happened in two different planes. The F-18 and I don’t remember the other one.

2 Likes

I’m having this exact problem. I have been using my G2 on Windows 11 for a couple of weeks now with no problem. Now after SU7 the VR environment starts wiggling and shaking partway into a flight and I have to end the flight to avoid spewing my pizza all over my computer. I thought it might be my video card going bad but I’m glad I found this reassuring topic.

1 Like

Same issue here. Even if I put the G2 still on the floor, the cockpit keeps shaking.

I think I solved my problem. My solution was to open the WMR settings and changer the display resolution to “Automatic Upscaling,” and change the Experience Options to “Let Windows Decide.” I’m not sure which of these changes was the trigger but the problem is gone for me. Somehow they got reset either with the SU7 upgrade or the Open XR update.

1 Like

Interesting, unfortunately that did not fix it for me.