HP Reverb G2, cockpit shaking since installing windows 11

I’ve read all the tipic and I think we are dealing with 2 different bugs: in the first replies it’s the slight “shake” that the cockpit does if you move your head, more evident if you move it fast, maybe appeared with Windows 11 (some said to have it solved going back to Windows 10), and still present, at least in my case. The second bug, discussed in the last replies, is a massive wobbling of all the view, not always present, that appears after some time of “normal flight”, maybe related with tracking issues and popped up after su7. I do not have this bug, even if I experienced something similar only once, but before su7. Maybe it’s better to deal with the two issues in two different tipics, because they are not the same bug.

2 Likes

Since SU7 my G2 I cannot use my G2 anymore.
The view shakes extremely an very poor frames.
I dont have WIN11 installed!

I think I have to solution to the violent wobbling bug. In my case I upgraded the to the latest Nvidia driver and OpenXR just before I installed SU7. After experiencing this bug, I checked my display settings and found that somehow one of these installations had reset my HAGS to ON. I turned it back OFF and after several flights I have not had this VR wobbles at all.
See if this works for you.

Great addition to the thread. Your description of the second bug is precisely my big issue:

• massive wobbling
  • after some stable period of flight
  • and very well could be a tracking issue due to a large, quick move of my head
    Interesting, too, that you don’t experience it.

Reluctant to open up a new bug, but perhaps that’s the right thing to do.

Tried this SamuraiSax, and you may be right. I only had time for a 10 minute flight, and it was just the second flight I’ve finished in VR since SU7. It felt much more stable, but need to get in a few longer flights to feel confident. I updated to Win 11 a few weeks before SU7 and had no wobbles. Even if the Win 11 upgrade did set HAGS to ON, the root of the problem is SU7.

Yap, I also deactivated HAGS (after I googled it :wink: and for the first time since SU7 I could finish a flight. Hope really that HAGS was the culprit. Lets see…

HAGS off in 10, HAGS off in 11, still shaking.

Right, HAGS off … loadingscreen stable, outsideview stable, worldview in cockpit stable… but cockpit is shaking. worse with “cockpit zoom” view in VR. Come on Asobo, notice that…

That’s depressing. Are you sure your vibrations are the same as the violent wobbling we’ve been describing? It’s not the vibrations of the cockpit, or the shimmering in the scenery. What the HAGS off method fixed for me was the sudden violent moving of screen objects coinciding with the movement of the headset—nametags dancing around and the horizon shifting. Nauseating situation for which the only solution was to exit as quickly as possible.

I have the shaky issue in the cockpit only! I think is the Sim reading the wrong set of data from the VR sensors. When press Esc and see menus, move my head, menus are ok, the cockpit in the background is shaky. This started to happen flying the F18, after a few minutes (meaning the GOTY version 1.21.13.0)

I don’t think is windows 11, I have windows 10 up to date.

This is what i mean, but i have the issue since W11 update and before GOTY.

Win10 HAGS off + reinstall WMR

No more nameplates/elements shaking giving motion sickness!
I tried the same spot and shake my head a lot to try to reproduce and no more issue

while approaching big cities and little framedrops I was scared to have the bug again but it seems to be stable now

I put back HAGS on, and well after 2 min with the same scenery… again :confused:

Win10 Reverb G2, turning off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS) in Windows, has solved this issue for me also.

Can we investigate this please Asobo? As it’s only temporary workaround, as using HAGS is useful for other titles.

I found something that seems to have sorted it out for me. OpenXR did an update just prior to SU7. I did a system restore to a point just before the Oxr update and the Sim worked great. No VR wonkys or CTDs during mode changes during several hours of flight testing. To verify my theory I updated Oxr again to the current revision. All of the problems came back. Once again I did a system restore to get rid of the Oxr update and everything works fabulously (on my system, I should say).

1 Like

I also noticed annoying problems creeping in just after open xr got the update treatment.

Well done on finding a fix.I had the cockpit shaking today for the first time and I realise now how it must be really brassing off .I have a Radeon card 6900 xt and it does not use Hags .

Was able to correct the shaking problem straight away by rebooting my system .I think I triggered the shaking by not powering up my G2 untill I was in the cockpit.I normally never do this and always have it running before starting MSFS.Then after launching a flight , start VR.

Agree! While turning off HAGS eases the symptoms, the cause still needs to be found and fixed. I don’t want to have to run old versions of OXR and (please forgive the snark) hop on my left foot to my chair just for VR to be playable.

Interesting. Which version of OpenXR are you using?

Today (few hours ago) There is a new openxr 1.0.19 available in ms store

Does it fix it?

1 Like

Runtime 107.2109.10010 & API 1.0.18 are what appears to run well on my system.

Not for me. Back and forth movements is the worst. The G2 is too sensitive in processing. API 1.0.19