HP Reverb G2, cockpit shaking since installing windows 11

Actually it’s moot now. OpenXR did another update on the 24th that fixed my problems. The update was 109.2111.23004. If you turn Runtime Preview mode ON you will see that it uses 109.2111.23003 (yes an earlier version, for some reasonl. It is this 23003 version that works great on my system. Try it with the latest and turn Preview on.

As far as the restore point, I just used the most current one before 11/20/2021.

same here :frowning:

For me its unfortunately unplayable at the moment. The sensitivity of the glasses is far too high. A small tap on the glasses causes extreme shaking of the cockpit. :tired_face:

Hey Guys,

I just mounted a new PC yesterday, having the same BUG (Wobbling Screen in the G2).
pretty much everywhere after I launch the flight (even in the VR Room with the
floating Menu). All tricks even HAGS of or on are making no difference so far.
Screen also seems to be a little bit less sharp than usual I think.

Here the specs:
i9-12900K
RTX 3080 Ti
32 GB RAM
Games on ssd
WIN 11 (updated)
NIVIDIA Driver (updated)
OpenXR (updated)
WMR (updated)

One of the main reasons for me to build an new
PC was to be able to fly smooth in MSFS.
We need a workaround quick :unamused:

Anyone with a new idea?

I followed the suggestion in the above mentioned post on disabling HAGS in windows 11. Rebooted and the shaking is gone. Strange that it works for some and not others🤷‍♂️

To find out I think we have to share every configuration we made in the WMR Setting, OpenXR Setting
and Graphical Settings, maybe even the MSFS Settings. Most common problem on such different
outcomes is the everyone has a different mix of failures and settings.

I wonder if we’re not talking about two different issues.

• Issue #1: shaking/jiggling of cockpit. Very sensitive to headset movement. Vibrations even occur in sync with heartbeat.
    SOLUTION: none found

• Issue #2: Wild moving of screen objects inside and outside of the cockpit occurring suddenly after several minutes of smooth flight, making further flight impossible.
    SOLUTION: Turn off HAGS, or update to most recent OpenXR.

Have I got it right?

3 Likes

It would occur instantly as soon as I switched to VR. Slight movement and the whole screen would wobble. I disabled reprojection in openxr also and run latest preview.

Yes, i think same. Only solution for hyper senstive headset movement bug is roll back to W10. But i don´t do this. We need more votes.

I went back to Windows 10 (clean installation) and the issue was gone.

It looks to me like you were dealing with issue #1. Thanks for confirming a possible fix: returning to a clean install of Windows 10.

I am seeing issue 1 and this issue was also present in Windows 10 shortly before doing the upgrade to Windows 11 so I’m not convinced it’s a complete fix by rolling back Windows version although it might need to be a clean installation to work like mentioned above.

Certainly strange what works as a fix for some may not necessarily work for others.

1 Like

Update to post last week:
Switching HAGS off seemed to get rid of wobble for me, stable after a hand full of flights this week > 30 minutes. I updated to the latest stable OpenXR, 109.2111.23003. Scaling set at 70% and motion reprojection disabled.

Thanks SamuraiSax.

Full box specs are listed earlier in the topic, but will repeat here that I was on Win 11 before SU7 wobbling and I’m still running Win 11. And I’ll say it again – even though I’ve eliminated the wobble, I still consider this a bug that MS should fix.

Same here. I say “same” though i’m convinced this thread covers many different issues. My situation is brand new PC, fresh install of the sim (though i noticed it remembers config from my old pc), installed as win11 from the off (some regrets here now) with i9-12900k/3090 so plenty of horsepower.

Slight cockpit jitter is what i’d describe but also up/down head movement is very jittery and unpleasant. Side to side rotation not so bad.

I will try the option of launching wmr/vr mode before flight which i haven’t been doing recently.

Same here
using G2 and win11

I have the same issue. I am running a rtx3090 and the previous driver 496.49.

Everything was fine in WIN10. And now with WIN11, very bad performance, stutters, shaking, VR is unusable 90% of the time. Has anyone opened a ticket with Asobo??

Same problem here, it’s extremely frustrating because it makes VR rather useless. Also on G2 and Win11.

Just to be clear the problem we are talking about is the fact the the cockpit is shaking but the world outside the window is as smooth as silk… I have turned the HAGS off. It helps a little but the issue is still there.

Yep that’s it, cockpit is shaking but outside seems perfectly smooth.