HP Reverb G2 - Solution after weeks of problems

Approximately since SU5 I had no fun to fly in VR. Constant crashes, black screen, CTD, sound changed from VR to Desktop and much more. i hoped that SU6 would fixes all the problems. but it wasn’t like that. the problem persisted. my last hope was to request the new cable SPS P / N: 52188-001 - free of charge - through the support of HP. everything went very smoothly. A call to HP support, transmission of various data and one day later the new cable was there! the old cable was the problem! After the exchange, the VR mode works fine without a crash. it’s fun to explore the world in VR again. my system: ASUS ROG Maximus XII, INTEL Core i9-10900K, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. I hope that this information helps you.

This is interesting… I’m an early adopter and ordered my G2 the moment it was available, so I got one of the first ones off the line. I have to admit, I don’t VR very often, and so far I have not had any issues with my headset, but I’m wondering if this cable concern is more of a “Recall” thing (and everyone should upgrade) or just a “only if you have problems” thing?

I’ll be watching this thread with interest.

Jim-Sim

@EMISTA53 Hi, do you have the part number for the old cable? Can you provide? I have p/n L72080-001, SPS M18238-001

Hi. My old one had the same number as yours: P/N: L72080-001 SPS: M18238-001

Thanks for letting me know! Calling HP in the morning. :slight_smile:

HP is sending me a new cable! Thanks for posting!!

While my problems aren’t quite as bad - I get fairly regular hangs in VR, HMD goes black, sound still plays but the game on the monitor is frozen, and often it will resume after anything between 10 and 30 seconds - and occasionally this results in a CTD. But it’s irritating…

Anyway, reading about the new cable, I called support (I’m in the US) and while the guy was helpful, he really doesn’t seem to want to send me a new cable. My case is still open, but unfortunately my GPU has failed so I have to wait for a replacement before I can test further having now connected to a powered hub, so I’ll see whether that resolves the hangs and CTD’s.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.