HPG H145 Helicopter Base Pack & Action Pack Expansion | Hype Performance Group - Developer Updates & Community Discussion

That was extraordinary, I think my head just exploded ! Good to see some feedback from HPG, what you said about the pendulum effect certainly made sense.

1 Like

I never thought I would enjoy the action pack missions, but boy was I wrong ā€¦

Tonight I tried a hospital transfer in Los Angeles and it was nice. I immediately continued with a golf course accident, really tricky to find the site of the accident (you can turn on an orange flare if you want to make it easier). Then a car accident where I had to land between some high buildings and a power line. That was intense!

Finally I switched to Innsbruck for a mountain resucue mission. The wounded climber was on a narrow mointain peak, so we had to hoist him out. Thanks to the Airbus/Eurocopter engineers for the GTC.H mode!

All these missions were randomly created using just the tablet in the helicopter. The mission generator automatically found suitable accident sites (golf course, street crossing, mountain peak), created the accident scenery on the fly, and then chose a hospital in the area. Really, really amazing!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Action Packā€¦

2 Likes

Please, would you be so kind as to indicate in detail how these very interesting missions are generated so that I can enjoy them too ???, I have bought the wonderful H145 and the mission pack, my language is not English and I do not understand in the manual how generate these missions, I am very grateful to you for sharing your knowledge with the community, thank you very much

I have acquired your incredible H145 more your mission pack and I need to have the manuals in Spanish, please this is very important for me to be able to make the most of my economic investment and all the functions of your incredible creation, where can I obtain the manuals in Spanish ???, Thanks a lot.

I havenā€™t used the 145 in awhile. Are the missions randomly generated, or canned so they are in a fixed location, same spot every time?

Completely random as far as I can tell, you can change the rescue location and hospital too.
I find it amazing, works so well in vr.

I am writing from memory, but it is surprisingly simpleā€¦

Select the H145 HEMS variant

Open the missions app on the tablet

Select a mission type, e.g. road accident

Follow the instructions on the tablet

One important detail is that you need to switch the engines to idle mode when you have landed for the mission to proceed.

2 Likes

You can either choose randomly generated mission types, or use the mission editor to create specific scenarios.

2 Likes

Thank you very much my friend for your help, those missions that I select from the tablet, can be done in any country in the world ???.

Greetings

Yes, absolutely! The random missions seem to be based on OpenStreetMap (OSM) information. So as long as hospitals and helipads are marked on OSM, the mission generator will use them.

1 Like

Thank you very much for being so kind to share your knowledge with me, I want to learn everything about this wonderful h145, I am waiting for the creator to answer me how I can obtain the manuals in Spanish,

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

Every other aircraft comes with english manuals. I could understand if the developer wonā€™t even answer that. They invest their ressources in more important things.
Did you hear anyone else ever asking for italian, german, russian, chinese?
Simming/computer/pilot language is english.
Yours doesnā€™t seem so badā€¦

Sorry for my request, it is not my intention to offend anyone, I am simply a non-English speaking user who has bought a wonderful product and wants to learn as much as possible from it, just that.

Greetings

2 Likes

Iā€™d suggest finding a ā€œfriendā€ on the Hype discord server, a translation may already exist but not be shared by another user. I think you can find someone who will help you out. Thereā€™s lot of friendly people that could likely help you out in some way. Best of luck!

Sorry, my Spanish is probably equivalent to your English. So, no offense to me.

3 Likes

Thank you very much friend for your help and for contributing your idea, I will try to contact help in Spanish through other ways, I thank you very much for your humanity.

Greetings

Lets not forget that luckily a lot of things (lots of cool stuff) is changed and added by the dev all the time. Updating manuals in multiple languages while doing lots of changes isnā€™t easy (or better: counterproductive).

Perhaps the manual language is too technical but how about trying to run some of it through something like Google Translate and see if that is any help at all. Sorry if itā€™s a very dumb suggestion. But Iā€™ve heard of folks going to Japan and using Google Translate to read the menu in a Japanese restaurant in Japan and also to converse with the waiter/waitress by exchanging their phone back and forth and read what guest and waiter said, each translated into the otherā€™s language. Google probably designed that into Translate but probably not airplane and helicopter parts and flight terminology.

2 Likes

The problem is that the manuals cannot paste the translated text and have their own manual made, I donā€™t understand why they donā€™t put them that can be written in the manuals, this problem belongs to all the developers and manufacturers who donā€™t think about the common good .

1 Like

Might be a very tedious way to go about it but MS OneNote has very good OCR capability for text in pasted images. So, if a manual is only available in page image format, e.g., a PDF in that format, one could paste a page or part of a page into something like OneNote and have it screen capture the text to translate with a translation program, possibly. I have captured some amounts of ā€œfair useā€ text from PDFs that are otherwise locked against copying using the OCR by OneNote method.

1 Like