Huddison YouTube videos vanished

It’s often just some kids on an ego trip, Anime … Boredom, self-approval, a bet, revenge… Someone who can and does because they can. Like that 15 years old guy who hacked the Pentagon. Years ago a guy who couldn’t get into my girlfriend’s pants hacked MSN and deleted her account. It’s not always criminals trying to gain money from it.

1 Like

This is very possible. I can’t understand it. But my brain just doesn’t work that way. (Some would argue that it doesn’t work at all lol).

In any case, there are people out there looking to do stuff like this, whatever their personal gain may be. And it sucks. But that’s the way it is. And people need to be careful when opening these emails from potential “sponsors”.

3 Likes

When Overkill Simulations got hacked, it was taken over by some Tesla Livestreaming channel.

The same channel’s stream appeared in my feed some days ago, but I dont think Overkill got hit again.

Come to think of it, that might be what happened to Huddison, taken over by the Tesla stuff and his channel was taken down because of it.

1 Like

It was.

He’s just updated to say he’s been granted access back to his account, it’s just a case of reinstating the channel to it’s former self now, so hopefully he should be up and running again soon.

4 Likes

Good to hear. Hope all his gears ok.

1 Like

Here’s some detail on the hack scam, how it’s done, and what the scammers gain.

4 Likes

Don’t these people back things up?  Isn’t there a way to backup a channel in toto?  That way if they DO get hacked, they can just change the credentials and restore the content.

Note: I don’t (yet) do YouTube media, so my thoughts might be totally garbage.

1 Like

Let’s please stay on topic as to when this Content Creator’s Channel will be back. Discussion of security measures and attacker motivations can be discussed off board. Thanks.

2 Likes

Reopened. Stay on Topic folks. Thanks.

2 Likes

He’s definitely working on it as some of his videos are back. But the channel is still under the name of Tesla US.

On the other videos, there are incitements to “buy membership” in order to watch.

(Mods - that was simply a warning in case anyone was tempted.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on that one.

1 Like

Everything should be back to normal now except for the channel name - apparently there’s a 14 day block on changing your name all the time - but he’s asked YouTube if there’s anything they can do to speed that process up. Other than that, the videos should all be restored, and he’s back streaming and arranging community flights via his Discord. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Looks like Huddison is slowly getting things back to normal. Needs to change the name back.

3 Likes

See my previous post regarding the channel name.

4 Likes